+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tony Scott RIP

I'm Neil.

Angry Tony Scott RIP

Woke up this morning to the terrible news that film director Tony Scott, brother of Ridely has died in what appears to be a suicide. According to news reports he jumped from the Vincent Thomas Bridge, which spans San Pedro and Terminal Island in Los Angeles.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-19314967

I am very sad about this news as Tony was a fine director. I love The Hunger and the TV series - as director and producer - of the same name, Top Gun is fantastic as is Crimson Tide and True Romance. He was also involved in the incredible TV/movie Gettysburg.

What can anyone say about a situation like this as none of us know what was in his mind/life to do what it appears (American police are investigating this, so its not completely clear what happened) that he has done. None of us can walk even a few feet in another's shoes. All I would say is if your thoughts turn to dark things, go to those places that minds sometimes go, please talk to someone before you do something you can never come back from.

My condolences to his friends and family, you will be in my prayers.

I for one will miss Tony Scott and I thank you for the legagy of films and work you have left us.

Thank you

More here on his work http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Scott
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 20-08-2012 at 07:34.
    Regards Neil

I'm ILOB.

Yes agree sad news
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Simon.

Very sad and unexpected news.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

+ Reply to Thread