+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nuforce - Rattled

Yes the Nuforces have an addictive grain-free midrange making ,eg, Jimi Hendrix' guitar lovely to listen to, the trouble came when listening to classical baritone
    Hans

MBL 1531 -> Allnic L-4000 -> Audiolab 8000S used as power amp only -> Quad 2805. Cables: Transparent Ultra

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by Togil View Post
    Oh is there something to modify in the Audiolab ?

I'm using a 15year-old integrated in power amp mode.
    Anything can be modified, and generally to a degree which belies the money spent in terms of equivalent performance per pound compared to high end equipment.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Anything can be modified, and generally to a degree which belies the money spent in terms of equivalent performance per pound compared to high end equipment.
    Can you recommend someone who can sensibly modify Audiolab amps ? In any case do you know how the current models differ from the old ones ?
    Hans

MBL 1531 -> Allnic L-4000 -> Audiolab 8000S used as power amp only -> Quad 2805. Cables: Transparent Ultra

Quote Originally Posted by leo View Post
    If you post a pic of your updated Nuforce amps and if we can find a decent picture of the ones before it might be possible to work out what they changed and should give us an idea whats made it worse

Some mods/updates don't suit everybody
    Everything was changed except the power supply.
    Hans

I'm gone.

I've just bought a Bel Canto eVo4 power amp .... once again, what I would regard as a classic class D sound .... smooth, detailed, spacious & not a hint of harshness.

In my view, it would take serious engineering expertise to make a class D amp sound harsh - what have NuForce managed to do?!

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I've just bought a Bel Canto eVo4 power amp .... once again, what I would regard as a classic class D sound .... smooth, detailed, spacious & not a hint of harshness.

In my view, it would take serious engineering expertise to make a class D amp sound harsh - what have NuForce managed to do?!
    MC agrees that the Bel Canto treble is less distorted than others but he didn't like its lack of imaging and transparency.

I think Class D is initially impressive because it doesn't have the usual solid-state grain and in addition the Nuforces have that powerful grip in the bass so people think they are getting a Krell for a fraction of the price.
    Hans

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123