+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most like to hear TT

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Heard the Rockport (yawn!) and it just sounded bland, as a lot of "Top End" gear can. Almost certainly the bling it was connected to! Mind you, if I was going to have something that "looks" like a cutting lathe to play LP's on, why not save a fortune and buy an actual cutting lathe, bolt it to the floor, remove the cutting assembly and mount a tonearm and cartridge of choice to it

I need to hear Marco's turntable system at some point, to hear what all the hoo-ha is all about and I'd love to see Mark's deck too, as it has some interesting alternatives to convention in its design.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Deleted.

I would still like to hear the Rockport, just for personal education more than anything else (but I'm interested in hearing any turntable I've not heard before). However, I realise that if I was to hear one (Rockport) it would almost certainly be within the context of a system of unfamiliar components.
    Account Deleted

I'm andy.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    Very nice of you to say so Andy. If you ever find yourself in Sheffield you can hear my and Ywans deck within 5 minutes of each other.
    Thanks Simon, i'll definitely invite myself if i'm ever down south, apart from Kuzma being a brand i admire (have a Stogi arm),
    what i like specially with yours is you take care what you're feeding the deck, i tend to think that counts more than fancy wires.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Andrew.

Andy, if you are ever near York you are most welcome to listen to my deck.
    It does things no other LP12, or deck, I have heard do!

BUT all hi fi a matter of taste, you may think its pants.

Genuinely happy for you to pop in.

I'm andy.

That's '' a must'' Andrew and thanks for the invite, funny enough York (racecourse) is one place i visited as a tourist down south, being a avid cycling fan,
    i went one year to the CTC Rally (cycle touring club of Britain) meet a long time ago, don't think i've been south again.

p.s. i feel it could be expensive if i get to listen to any of the 3 decks mentioned.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by wiicrackpot View Post
    That's '' a must'' Andrew and thanks for the invite, funny enough York (racecourse) is one place i visited as a tourist down south, being a avid cycling fan,
    i went one year to the CTC Rally (cycle touring club of Britain) meet a long time ago, don't think i've been south again.

p.s. i feel it could be expensive if i get to listen to any of the 3 decks mentioned.
    Well when you're down....PM me.

I'm Andy.

l would also like to hear MartinT's deck and Rexton's- they look and l would imagine sound awesome
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12