+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Speaker Cables to work best with Cyrus 8XP and Monitor Audion RX8's

I'm Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    I'm with WTC all the way here.

By the way, I had a small chuckle to myself when you mentioned your friends Naim and MF systems, some forum folk don't think too much of either brand, not me, I used to have some MF kit, and thought it was OK, nothing more mind! Just ok.
    I guess the quality may well be coming from their analogue sources and speakers as both swear by vinyl and both have speakers worth more than my entire system. LOL
    Best Regards,
    Stu.
    Amp: Cyrus 8XP & PSXR CD Player: Cyrus 8 SE & PSXR
    Speakers:
    Monitor Audio Silver RX8 Speaker cable: 3m of Tellurium Q Black + Jumpers
    Dac:
    Arcam r-DAC with
    MCRU Linear PSU Streamer: Logitech Squeezebox Touch with EDO upgrade & MCRU Linear PSU
    All Interconnects:
    Mark Grant
    G1000HD Power leads & Dist Block: Mixture of Mark Grant DSP2.5 & MCRU No:14

I'm Craig.

Just a sec Stu, your signature says you are using TQ Black.......so where does that come in?

I'm Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    Just a sec Stu, your signature says you are using TQ Black.......so where does that come in?
    See post 19
    Best Regards,
    Stu.
    Speakers:
    Dac:
    Arcam r-DAC with
    MCRU Linear PSU Streamer: Logitech Squeezebox Touch with EDO upgrade & MCRU Linear PSU
    All Interconnects:
    Mark Grant

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments View Post
    See post 19
    Ah!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    What can I say - Every 'speaker I ever owned sounded better without the links. Not a tiny fraction of a difference either. I come on the internet and I find many people who have found the same thing.

I re- wired up a friends system a couple of years back - it was a real rats nest round the back so to simplfy things I single wired the speakers with the jumpers in place (they had been bi-wired). A coupel of days later he says to me 'I don't know what you changed but can you come and change it back?'
    No reason at all why gold plated brass bridges shouldn't offer greater contact area than copper stranded cable. We do sometimes prefer a toppier sound over a "flat" one in comparison, but the alternative way I suggested works for me and hasn't stopped Dave selling loads of speakers demo'd that way

Anyway, the OP has gone the current fave route, so has hopefully got some bass he hadn't heard before and also a greater dynamic range. Mind you, almost anything does this over SA these days
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Deleted.

Dave, twice in this thread you have stated that Monitor Audio's tweeter excites cone break-up in their mid/bass drivers; what makes you think this is the case?
    Account Deleted

I'm Simon.

Tweeters are sealed units, they don't vent into the speaker cavity- so thye can't set up pressure waves.

The tweeter domes weigh milligrams- so they can't set up physical resonance.

They beam at all frequencies- so there's no air rpessure effects from the front of the speakers.

I struggle to see how a tweeter could ever effect an associated mid-range drivers break up. Only the crossover can do that if the mid-driver is run too open at the top end. So nothing to do with the tweeter itself and everything to do with bad crossover design and component selection- surely?
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Deleted.

A bit of A.T.C.F.U.D. to me....
    Account Deleted

I'm Stewart.

Sorry guys, as a newbie to this particular forum the following two abbreviations don't mean anything to me?

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Mind you, almost anything does this over SA these days
    SA?

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    A bit of A.T.C.F.U.D. to me....
    A.T.C.F.U.D ?
    Best Regards,
    Stu.
    Speakers:
    Dac:
    Arcam r-DAC with
    All Interconnects:
    Mark Grant

I'm Simon.

Ashley Talks crap- Fear, uncertainty & doubt.

Ashley being Ashley James the marketing mouthpiece from AVI, who would appear to have DSJR's ear at the minute. ;-)
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast