+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wanted: re-clocked CD transport / CD player

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I might just make it permanent, actually!

Who needs it?
    I'd make it permanent... what a joke. In fact it's made my mind up, am not bothering posting there again!
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm gone.

yeah - it's nice round here, innit!

I'm Neil.

yeah - it's nice round here, innit!
    Yeah, it's refreshing that different opinions are not shot down / pounced upon.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Where's this then? Can't stand the suspense of not knowing
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Simon.

jerry, I'd warrant that a couple of local regulators added somewhere in most cd players would do more than reclocking- unless they are very old and jittery.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Jerry, didn't you once have an AVI CD player, or is it the Lab series amp I'm thinking of? I have a pic sent by a mate of mine who bought an S2000 CD player new and currently has it in bits awaiting a replacement "pattern" loading gear. I have to say the mother board os beautifully laid out and the power supplies and regulators would do any small amplifier proud I reckon. AVI are different things to different people, but Martin the designer does know a thing or three about digital circuit design and his machines always performed and sounded well, even if the mechanisms and control logic didn't all of the time An S2000 reference (IIRC) was totally altered in sonics by replacement of a handful of coupling caps and possibly even the output op-amps, which are the ubiquitous and still worthy (if properly supplied and implemented) NE5532 types..
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm gone.

Hi Dave

re: your 1st query - I got banned from a certain other forum for standing up against a witch-hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Jerry, didn't you once have an AVI CD player, or is it the Lab series amp I'm thinking of? ....
    re: your 2nd query - yep, I love the AVI Lab Series kit. Proper hifi, that. Yes, I've had both the integrated amp and the CD player, and loved them. Also tried a Lab Series pre-amp but found that a bit too tonally stark.

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    jerry, I'd warrant that a couple of local regulators added somewhere in most cd players would do more than reclocking- unless they are very old and jittery.

re: your 1st query - I got banned from a certain other forum for standing up against a witch-hunt.
    Deja Vu..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123