+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello

I know Kiddie quite well because I work in Stoke Prior near Bromsgrove so spent alot of time around Kiddie. Not heard of Kinver though, what is Kinver Edge??

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Hi Jonathan

I too love and still use from time to time some Audio innovations series 1000 mk 3 mono blocks 50 watts of class A EL34/5881 magic. I also have an Audio Innovations Series 500 amp, one of my first serious bits of kit.

The P10 and an EAR The Head MC step up (one of Tims early designs)was stunning...in my set up.

Regards D S D L----Neil

PS I have a VDH Frog Gold. I couldn't quite stretch to a Condor...very nice.
    Hi Neil
    did you ever hear the 1000 series MK2 ,PQ decided to remove all negative feedback with disastrous results , this is according to my old pal John .

Do you mean the Monoblock 1000's 50 watters?? Yes I had them first, not sure if they were MK1 or 2, then went over to the First Audio 7 watter.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Yes that's right it was the mk2's that were a bit of a disaster , i had a pair of 2nd audio's with border patrol psu's

I'm Neil.

Default Audio Innovations

Hi Neil
    did you ever hear the 1000 series MK2 ,PQ decided to remove all negative feedback with disastrous results , this is according to my old pal John .
    Hi Chris ....No These (Series 1000mk 3) were, as far as I know based on Guy's design input(PQ had left by then to do Audio Note). Very nice amps this version, but IMHO sound best with Tung-sol 5881 valves (military spec version of EL34 valves) and not EL34 valves.

Do you mean the Monoblock 1000's 50 watters?? Yes I had them first, not sure if they were MK1 or 2, then went over to the First Audio 7 watter.
    Hi Jonathan I guess so...yes. I tried the 6B4G and 2A3 Audio Innovations mono amps in my set up, but didn't think that they offered the best sound in my upstairs system. The series 1000 amps were better...in most areas but not all. It was a compromise and using new (NOS) stock valves not the old crap Chinese ones, in both triode amps, didn't change my mind. I just needed the extra power that 50 watts of class A brought to the party. The 6B4Gs were very good ones...but not the originals as those got smashed....when the guy who owned them, had an accident with his car door (valves and car doors don't mix very well). I listened with an original Series 1000 pre-amp (belonged to same guy) and an EAR pre and thought series 1000 mk3 + EAR worked very well.

I would have liked to try the Border patrol mods but as these aren't my main amps...that would be far down my list of things to do.

I owned a Voyd Valdi back then (20 years ago), but despite the synergy between AI amps, Voyd TT and Snell speakers I did not like the way Snell speakers imaged...the brush strokes (detail) were just a bit to broad for me. I prefer more pin point imaging.

Regards D S D L---Neil

I'll post some pictures later....
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 31-01-2009 at 09:07.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Default Audio Innovations Series 1000 mk 3 mono amp

HI Chris and Jonathan

I moved my post as I felt it was maybe a bit like thread hi-jack. Can now be found in the link below.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...3072#post33072

Sorry D S D L-----Neil
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 03-02-2009 at 10:34. Reason: Moving post to Gallery
    Regards Neil

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Are they NOS Tung-Sol 5881's in there?

I'm Neil.

Default Tung-Sol ?

Are they NOS Tung-Sol 5881's in there?
    Hi Ali

No...They are New Sensor Tung-Sol reissues. I think IMHO/E that these are better than the old which I have tried.

Regards D S D L----Neil
    Regards Neil

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmanders View Post
    I know Kiddie quite well because I work in Stoke Prior near Bromsgrove so spent alot of time around Kiddie. Not heard of Kinver though, what is Kinver Edge??
    Sorry - missed your post! Kinver Edge is a stretch of National Trust managed land, a natural prominentary, complete with sandstone 'Rock Houses'... considered to be the Switzerland of the Black Country, at one time http://www.stourbridge.co.uk/htm/kinver.htm
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Thanks for that info. Don't know the north of kidderminster quite so well. But I did look up Kinver on the internet after your post the other night. Yes was quite the holiday destinations years ago. Looks beautiful around there.

thanks, Jonathan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12