+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Connex Audio Silver Mains Cable

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    Is the no.9 a special order item, because i can't find it on the MCRUS website?
    Is this it http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAINS-CABL...item5198eeb97b

MartinT Guest

It looks nothing like the chunky No. 9 I'm using. Hopefully Dave will clarify?

I'm David.

The number 9 on ebay was an old design, the new no.9 was basically a challenge someone set me a while ago to make them a mains lead loom for bel canto equipment that beat their existing power cable set up (from who I could not say!). I made the set up and it was a revelation in that system, afterwards I refined the design and added a few extra tweaks here and there, not simply a case of taking a length of wire and fitting a plug and a connector, anyone can do that, what I do and continue to do is experiment with terminations, which metals perform best together, plated or un-plated, cryo treated or not, soldered or crimped etc, etc.

The result of the latest research was the No.9 which Martin is using, I will leave it to Martin to tell you what he thinks of it, it's close to the Ultimate in performance, sits below it in the performance tables, I have got it right with this cable, it's not massively expensive and it sounds, well Martin will tell you soon I am sure.

I will post a link to it after Martin's review as I would like him to tell you all about it first.

I'm Brian.

Thanks David , look forward to Martins' thoughts.

MartinT Guest

No. 9 thoughts coming soon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234