+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Connex Audio Silver Mains Cable

I'm InSpace.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kipling View Post
    Hi Martin,

Do you know if the three individual cores of each conductor are insulated from each other and braided together before the three conductors are braided?

Kind Regards,
    Stephen
    If it's Litz cable, then yes, they should be insulated form each other by a layer of enamel or similar.
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

MartinT Guest

Confirmed - they are insulated from each other and soldered together at the ends.

MartinT Guest

Oh, and thanks again to Dave for supplying the IeGO connector. I do agree it's a massive bargain at its price.

I'm Tristan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    A big difference for a lot of people it seems...

I actually change my IEC inlet last night on my Canor amp for a Furutech one with internal fuse holder, subtle but still improved, oh and don't forget the fuse as well.
    Does that need any soldering David? What about the Iego ones? You don't have the copper iego inlet do you?

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Confirmed - they are insulated from each other and soldered together at the ends.
    soldered, it always amazes me, why go to the trouble of using pure silver wire then adding 90% tin, the worst conductor going!

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by clap View Post
    Does that need any soldering David? What about the Iego ones? You don't have the copper iego inlet do you?
    Furutech make one that does not need soldering, iego have a copper one which I keep, the ones I sell most of are these below, it depends if your kit has a fused or un-fused inlet really, the one below needs soldering, the one below that doesn't.

MartinT Guest

I received the double-Connex (double the silver cores, braided) with Furutech rhodium plug and IeGO silver plated IEC, and it's very good. I'm currently using it to drive the Whest phono preamp having previously tried it with the Ayre SACD player (good in that position, too).

However, Dave's No. 9 is a very close contender and I'm awaiting another one (my current one is powering the Pass preamp) so that I can conduct a proper shootout.

Look out for more thoughts on the No. 9 soon. I'm very impressed.

I'm andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    I received the double-Connex (double the silver cores, braided) with Furutech rhodium plug and IeGO silver plated IEC, and it's very good. I'm currently using it to drive the Whest phono preamp having previously tried it with the Ayre SACD player (good in that position, too).

However, Dave's No. 9 is a very close contender and I'm awaiting another one (my current one is powering the Pass preamp) so that I can conduct a proper shootout.

Look out for more thoughts on the No. 9 soon. I'm very impressed.
    Is the no.9 a special order item, because i can't find it on the MCRUS website?

MartinT Guest

It doesn't seem to be on the website but I believe Dave has it available as standard. I'll let him respond when he sees this.

I'm andrew.

Thanks Martin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast