+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mains Conditioning Systems - Discuss.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel75 View Post
    Thank you!

Although my system is definitely what you would describe as a "budget" one I know that I will try various upgrades. At the moment proper positioning is my main concern because I do believe that room acoustics is probably one of the most important "high fidelity" factors.

Right now Im waiting for power amp to "bi amp" my RS5's and Im really curious if I will hear "change" - or improvement indeed.

I guess at the end of the day it doesn't really matter If change is real or it is my brain playing tricks as long as it makes me happy:-)

One thing I could hear properly recently though - was a difference between playing files and then listening to LP's. Although I used very, very cheap turntable - despite all my scepticism - analogue sound was a revelation. Cant wait to buy decent turntable and phono stage. I can sense my wallet screaming already
    Sounds like you are going in the right direction
    The aim is to get the best quality sound you can -more music - with what you have, then address issues one at a time to make it better
    With advice from the assembled here you can keep the spend sensible
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Jostein.

Quote Originally Posted by jostber View Post
    Have anyone tested or use the Vertex Jaya filter? Have been thinking of getting that.
    Found this:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...aya#post128665
    My hifi system:

Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MKII, Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge, Mike New bearing, MCRU PSU (c), Oyaide HS-CF headshell, Oyaide MJ-12 TT mat, Vantage Audio Copper mat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Isodek IF-2 isolation platform, Furutech Monza LP stabilizer, Herbie's Hal-O JR damper Phono Stage: Hagerman Cornet 3 (prototype) Amplifiers: EAR 868L Preamp, Transcription Audio 211 Heaven Power amp, Bob Carver Cherry 180 power amp CD Player: Ear Yoshino Acute Tuner: Magnum Dynalab 90T Speakers: Vandersteen 2CE SigII, Townshend Audio Super Tweeters, Transcription Audio Speakers Cables and stuff: LFD Audio interconnects and speaker cables, Mark Grant G2000HD, BlackCat Electronics, Van Den Hul Clearwater, Black Rhodium mains cables, Black Rhodium mains block, Finite Elements Resonator, Townhsend Stella Speaker stands, Pro Audio Bono hifi rack, Herbie's spike gliders, Herbie's Ultravox and Hal-O tube dampers, Super Black Hole CD mat Record Cleaning Machine: Loricraft PRC4

I'm Alan.

Anyone tried the AG1500-PSU 1500W AC ReGenerator.
    From Power Inspired? Available on ebay uk. More than a Conditioner.

I'm Andrew.

Guys!

I thought this might be a good place to advertise my Isotek GII Nova, I've owned it now for 2 years and its in mint condition. Originally cost £2999, now can be found on the net for £2750. I have the original Isotek box and leads, and everything else that goes with it. I'm looking for £1000 ovno, will post some pictures in next few hours.

A
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm David.

Buy one that suits your budget, if there is an improvement in sound quality and you are happy with what you have paid (as an example Martin T's latest mains lead from me) then keep it, if not send it back, simples!

Solus | Aquarius | Sigmas | Titan | Nova | Super Titan | Genesis

There is one to suit every budget, I did tell Stu that Isotek are launching a new 6 way mains strip soon for £250 so every budget is catered for, keep it sensible I suggest, a Genesis at £13k is no good for a £5k system!

I'm Andrew.

Dave,

PM sent.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by jostber View Post
    I still use the Jaya, it's proving to be quite effective seperating SMPS power supplies from the linear ones plugged into the Taga distribution block. I still consider it a very efficient unit for the money; wherever I use it I never fail to hear the difference.
    Steve & Valerie

www.electricbeachaudio.com

If you think you know the answer already, you're not really searching

A plastic box, some glass bottles, two metal tins and some lengths of string

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanS View Post
    Anyone tried the AG1500-PSU 1500W AC ReGenerator.
    From Power Inspired? Available on ebay uk. More than a Conditioner.
    Yes, I have the 1500w version. My complete system registers zero draw on the display. I thought it wasn't working but the TV and PS3 jump it up to 43%

It's given me the late night sound all day but late night is still different - but even better. I'm very happy with the benefit it's brought, the fan noise is not an issue. At first it seemed to put a blanket over the sound but when I plugged everything into it the transformation was just what I was hoping for.
    Steve & Valerie

www.electricbeachaudio.com

If you think you know the answer already, you're not really searching

A plastic box, some glass bottles, two metal tins and some lengths of string

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by electric beach View Post
    Yes, I have the 1500w version. My complete system registers zero draw on the display. I thought it wasn't working but the TV and PS3 jump it up to 43%

It's given me the late night sound all day but late night is still different - but even better. I'm very happy with the benefit it's brought, the fan noise is not an issue. At first it seemed to put a blanket over the sound but when I plugged everything into it the transformation was just what I was hoping for.
    Sounds what Im looking for. Cheers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456