+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dnm solid core speaker cable

I'm Simon.

Default dnm solid core speaker cable

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of the newer 1mm2 cable? i used to use the thinner version, which i liked but could be a tad lean sounding, does the new thicker cable improve the bass significantly? any other contenders in this price bracket (£22 per stereo metre).

Thanks, Si

I'm Dave.

Yes, I have used the new DNM and it is good. I didn't think it was at all lean in the bass.

A good alternative is Tellurium Q Blue. Well worth a listen.

I'm Simon.

Thanks for the suggestion dave, I'll try and have a listen to both. Not easy getting a side by side demo.

I'm Dave.

It's even more difficult as DNM seem to have gone completely underground now. I hope they make a comeback soon.

I'm Simon.

Can't seem to find any real (not online) dealers for DNM. Reading around it seems that tellurium Q blue owners soon upgrade to black. Maybe it's worth saving a bit longer and listening to the blue and black together.

I'm gone.

Not everyone likes Tellurium Black. I tried some, and after the honeymoon period I went back to my Cable Talk 3 speaker cables!

I suspect that system synergy has a lot to do with it.

I'm Tom.

I rated the TQ Blue much higher than the Black to be honest - cheaper too

I'm Simon.

Good to hear some balanced views on the blue, I guess it's easy to get carried away and always want the next level up but the black is 3 times the price. Frank, was there anything specifically that the blue done better over the black?

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Undarra View Post
    Good to hear some balanced views on the blue, I guess it's easy to get carried away and always want the next level up but the black is 3 times the price. Frank, was there anything specifically that the blue done better over the black?
    The TQ Blue outshone the Black in one particular area Simon and that is the bass registers. I like my bass to be very controlled and very dynamic, which the Blue gave me in spades, but the Black has a much fuller/richer/deeper bass which isn't as taut or lithe and by a fair margin too. The Black does have a slightly better extreme top end which picks up ambience and spatial cues superbly, but not enough to justify that additional outlay over the price of the Blues. I noted these reservations when I changed from Blue to Black and while a LOT of running in did manage to diminish the concerns I had, it hasn't placed the two cables into the pecking order I was led to believe they occupied in the TQ hierarchy.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Undarra View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of the newer 1mm2 cable? i used to use the thinner version, which i liked but could be a tad lean sounding, does the new thicker cable improve the bass significantly? any other contenders in this price bracket (£22 per stereo metre).

Thanks, Si
    To answer your question Black Rhodium have a new cable called "Twirl" £13.50 per metre, twice as thick as the twist and designed the same way with the cables twisted to reduce RFI, may be worth trying?

No one can poo poo it either as I am the only one with it at the moment so no one else has listened to it but me and Dominic at NWA.

+ Reply to Thread