+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New tonearm

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by 29029 View Post
    Yes i'm aware of the history - perhaps not unique in design ethos, but unique in terms of accuracy, quality of engineering and on sale!

It works - and having done A/B dems with conventional arms, it became very clear that I had to go this route - obv a very expensive decision, but once heard, there was no going back.
    The build quality is vastly superior to that of the Garrard Zero 100 arm! (And looks better.)
    Barry

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    An interesting arm design. Not unique, Garrard did much the same with their 'Zero 100' arm some forty years ago, which like yours, was based on the even earlier Burne-Jones 'pantograph' geometry.

Having recently spent some time looking at the deviation from tangential tracking by pivoted tonearms, an angular error of +/- 0.008 degree is impressive (compared with a typical angular error of 2 degree of most 9" tonearms, at the outermost edge of a 12" LP). However I wonder if this comes at a cost of rigidity: the cartridge has to have movable, pivoted (and thus non-rigid) coupling to the two arms of the pantograph.
    Yes, I too have looked at the comparative geometry issues. However, as you suggest, there's no free lunch.
    Account Deleted

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Yes, I too have looked at the comparative geometry issues. However, as you suggest, there's no free lunch.
    Yeah it's an expensive lunch - but it is very tasty!
    My System
    TW Acustic Raven AC TT, Thales Simplicity, Ortofon A90. Tron Seven Phono & Silver RCA. Einstein Turntables Choice Phono. Lindemann 820 CD Player + USB-DDC 24/192 S/PDIF. Luxman L-590 AII Int Amp. Cardas Gold Ref & Isoclean Focus Pwr & BS-13A4 II Power Bar mains. Jorma Design No. 3 IC, Harmonic Tech Cyberlight P2A & Wave, JPS Labs Superconductor V Spkr Cable. Peak Consult Princess Speakers + Elac 4PI Plus.2 ST + B&W PV1 Sub. Acustica Applicata DAAD 2 & Grand Prix Audio Monaco Racks.

I'm Simon.

Any chance of a shot of the business end of the arm, I understand how it works but without seeing the bearing pillar side of things I can't close that mental loop required to file it away in my brain. Cheers.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by 29029 View Post
    He seems to be combining being a contributor but really promoting his own goods?!
    Yes, there's a lot of that sort of thing on the various forums, from dealers. distributors and their friends.
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123