+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Toonz

good pics m8, out of interest, what camera are you using?
    nas spacedeck/heavy kit/funk achromat/ao pu7/hadcock gh228 super/audio note io/heed orbit. audio synthesis dsm 2 box dac/power supply/meridian 200 transport/monarchy d.i.p. tube technology prophet signature pre/power supply. tube technology m.a.c. signature phono preamp. tube technology genesis signature monoblocks. E.A.R mc3 step up. E.A.R 834p signature phono preamp. stax SRS 2020 headspeakers. audio physic tempo jubilee. lp12/ittok/achromat/dl304

Cheers Al,its a Panasonic DMC-TZ1, I believe its replacement the DMC-TZ5 is a good one too.TBH all I do is point and click.
    Paul

My Stezza
    TT=NAS Spacedeck,Ortofon RS309,Ortofon Jubilee,HEED Orbit. AMP=World Designs PreIII & PhonoIII,Eastern Electric M520. SPEAKERS=Audio Physic Tempo V. CD=Meridian 206,Monarchy DIP,Audio Note DAC Zero.

I'm Andy.

Hi Paul.
    Where did you get your Eastern Electric M520 from
    and are there any UK dealers.Most of the info I can find
    on the net is from the USA..

Cheers
    Andy.

hi Andy
    Shadow Audio have them listed on their site www.shadowaudio.co.uk
    Dont know what the going rate is for them,but I would advise you to make sure its got a UK spec mains.Had trouble with mine cooking tubes with it only being a 220V
    Paul

My Stezza
    TT=NAS Spacedeck,Ortofon RS309,Ortofon Jubilee,HEED Orbit. AMP=World Designs PreIII & PhonoIII,Eastern Electric M520. SPEAKERS=Audio Physic Tempo V. CD=Meridian 206,Monarchy DIP,Audio Note DAC Zero.

I'm Andy.

Hi Paul thanks for the info.
    In case you haven't sorted it, you can obtain a 500VA 240v to 220v auto transformer from Farnell or RS for around £50.
    I use one for some of my Chinese amps, It works well..

Cheers
    Andy.

Cheers for that Andy,I did get one of those trannies in the end .Everythings been hunky dory since,but I've been meaning to phone Shadow Audio to see if its possible to get a propper uk spec inbuilt transformer for it .Having the other transformer sitting of to the side is a bit of an eye sore for me.
    I did try emailing EE direct but got no response
    Paul

My Stezza

I'm Andy.

Some of the Chinese amp manufacturers will supply amps with 235/240v UK spec mains transformers from new. There is usually a 14 day turn around time for this.
    I know Ming Da and I think Yaquin do this and others may well.

Fitting a replacement transformer to your Eastern Electric retrospectively would probably be a fairly expensive. Plus there seems to be a smaller transformer internally which may well need to be replaced, (think it powers the signal valve heaters or the LT to the remote circuits) so labour costs may be on the high side.It may be as well to stick with the auto transformer.The added bonus is it will give you a bit of extra mains filtering.
    Cheers
    Andy.
    Last edited by pentode10; 11-02-2009 at 21:45.

I cant fault the build quality itself though,appeals to my neater side.
    I suppose if I can find a nice low stand or cabinet I could tuck the tranny underneath or some such and stand the amp on top,I cant go too high because my tv is only 10" above it.

Paul

My Stezza

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12