+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lightweight stand filling material

I'm Bob.

Seem to recollect polyurethane/? foam or kitty litter being previously suggested as a lightweight alternative to sand but not sure if it was trialled and what the effect was.... Litter can be dusty stuff compared to chalk filled pellets, but if the stand were big enough it could be sealed in bags I guess....
    It certainly appears a lot cheaper than the eBay options.

Regarding the (heavy) eBay solid plastic pellets, do any of you know if would this be feedstock for plastic extrusion machines ?
    Simply curious what it's original purpose would be that's all...

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I know the maker of Skylan stands has used kitty litter and reported good results. He recommended no filling them completely with filling.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Andy.

l had my Skylans fully filled with sand, then l after reading on the Harbeth User Group that this was wrong, l emptied all the sand out, ready to fill with Kitty Litter, but l have not got round to this as this as the change in sound was so dramatic, so for the time being l am playing them like this and me Harbs have never sounded better-result
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123