+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Furutech 1363G plug

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Hi Brian , yes I was told to try a tuning fuse ? I guess I'll have to give those a try next .
    Don't know about these HIFI Tuning fuses . But I can certainly vouch for the ones I tried ,at a much lower price too.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Don't know about these HIFI Tuning fuses . But I can certainly vouch for the ones I tried ,at a much lower price too.
    I think that's what he meant Brian ? £12 sounds ok to me anyway
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Brian.

Sorry mate , just woke up from my post Sunday dinner siesta . Yes £12 is much less of a risk if the flippin thing blows .Innit

I'm Chris.

Sorry mate , just woke up from my post Sunday dinner siesta . Yes £12 is much less of a risk if the flippin thing blows .Innit
    Thanks for the link , will give those a try
    Chris

I'm Brian.

The one I'm using is also in the Furutech plug for my mains block . I've ordered another for the MK silver-plated plug for my amp. I will pass on my findings , be good if you could do likewise Christopher .

I'm Chris.

The one I'm using is also in the Furutech plug for my mains block . I've ordered another for the MK silver-plated plug for my amp. I will pass on my findings , be good if you could do likewise Christopher .
    Yes by all means , I have an MK silver plated plug on my amp as well .
    Chris

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Glad you guys are liking the Furutech. There's a reason why I use the Rhodium versions, throughout my system. Some things in life are worth paying for. For the serious audio and music enthusiast, an FI-1363 (R or G) mains plug is one of them...

Smile, and enjoy your music, with Furutech

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Brian.

Too right mate . I haven't tried the Rhodium plug but I must admit I really like the ( tiny bit ) more laid back presentation I got when I installed the gold plated Furutech plug . In the bigger scheme of things Marco this isn't such an expensive upgrade when I consider what I've paid in the past for a lesser improvement.

I'm Paul.

Entering the fray late I know but lets clear something up here regarding the Furutech plug. Yes, it does not YET have approval from the relevant authorities and yes, that technically puts it in with other non-approved plugs. Do not make the mistake of thinking that automatically makes it unsafe as thats pure speculation and innaccurate. The legislation is primarily aimed at preventing cloned, counterfeight and unsafe plugs which lack the proper certification and would certainly never achieve it from being distributed and sold in the UK. Note though that the current lack of approval is NOT a deliberate action by Furutech who applied 2 long years ago for approval from the BSI and are still waiting for confirmation of that approval! Also, this does NOT automatically render that plug unsafe at all. They designed and built it to comply fully with the standards. Anyone examining that plug knows that it is better constructed than a majority of plugs on the market and I personally know of one trader who has tested it against many plugs (including BSI approved plugs) with some serious amounts of overload current. All other plugs including the approved ones failed long before the furutech one. That is circumstantial evidence regarding the plug and in no way helps qualify it in a legal sense at all but it tells me something about it.

I am assured that Furutech are chasing up that approval and that there have been no indications at all that it will not be forthcoming.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffc View Post
    Entering the fray late I know but lets clear something up here regarding the Furutech plug. Yes, it does not YET have approval from the relevant authorities and yes, that technically puts it in with other non-approved plugs. Do not make the mistake of thinking that automatically makes it unsafe as thats pure speculation and innaccurate. The legislation is primarily aimed at preventing cloned, counterfeight and unsafe plugs which lack the proper certification and would certainly never achieve it from being distributed and sold in the UK. Note though that the current lack of approval is NOT a deliberate action by Furutech who applied 2 long years ago for approval from the BSI and are still waiting for confirmation of that approval! Also, this does NOT automatically render that plug unsafe at all. They designed and built it to comply fully with the standards. Anyone examining that plug knows that it is better constructed than a majority of plugs on the market and I personally know of one trader who has tested it against many plugs (including BSI approved plugs) with some serious amounts of overload current. All other plugs including the approved ones failed long before the furutech one. That is circumstantial evidence regarding the plug and in no way helps qualify it in a legal sense at all but it tells me something about it.

I am assured that Furutech are chasing up that approval and that there have been no indications at all that it will not be forthcoming.

Exactly- pen pushers who have nothing better to do than scaremonger to keep themselves and their department in jobs HSE gone mad- accident and emergency are struggling to cope with mains plugs related injuries.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast