Hi Marco, I just wanted to confirm that I have done that.

Regarding the discussion above on Furutech sockets, the photographs show that the sockets have a CE mark on the front. CE marking is a declaration by the manufacturer that the product meets all the appropriate provisions of the relevant legislation implementing certain European Directives. However, as there is NO European Directive which applies to UK plugs and sockets, this marking is clearly fraudulent and is an offence under the trades descriptions act. UK 13A sockets must conform to BS 1363-2 and be clearly marked as such.

That is a very clear illustration that Furutech do not understand the requirements of the UK market.
Hi Ann,

Yup, it seems you may be right. However, as I said earlier, it's come to the point now where people, having read the information presented, must simply make up their own minds, as to whether or not they wish to purchase the Furutech products in question.

Therefore, I'd appreciate it if we left that matter there (and that applies to everyone). I would however also appreciate it if you would publish the reply here, which you get from the UK importer, as it will be of interest and possible benefit to many users and non-users of said products

Many thanks.

Marco.