+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Connoisseur BD1 turntable.

I'm Geoff.

My first proper TT too (with an AT-1005 arm), that's why I've got a soft spot for them,
    They do sound remarkably good set up right.

I'm andy.

Threw one out many moons ago, before internet and hanging out in places like here.
    Frank...made me do it.

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    My first proper TT too (with an AT-1005 arm)
    Lovely, I had an SME 3009-II Improved and an Empire 2000E/III cartridge.

I'm Geoff.

I had the same combination at one time. the Empire was quite a sweet sounding cartridge, but then I discovered ADCs and Deccas and my world changed.

I'm Alex.

I had one of those too...my first turntable with a Grace 707 tonearm

I'm Kerry.

I had a BD1, made from a kit I think, with SAU2 arm and can't remember the cartridge, maybe a Shure of some type. Built it all into a box with Trio KA 2000 amp. Sold it for a disappointing Rega t/t.
    At my uni HIfi society we had a talk from one of the journos of the time, a blind guy (Angus Mackenzie???) and be guy asked him a Q about t/ts but didn't say what he'd got. After a bit of a push form the speaker he said a BD1 and he was told it was an excellent t/t. This would be around 1970.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Westyman View Post
    I had a BD1, made from a kit I think, with SAU2 arm and can't remember the cartridge, maybe a Shure of some type. Built it all into a box with Trio KA 2000 amp. Sold it for a disappointing Rega t/t.
    At my uni HIfi society we had a talk from one of the journos of the time, a blind guy (Angus Mackenzie???) and be guy asked him a Q about t/ts but didn't say what he'd got. After a bit of a push form the speaker he said a BD1 and he was told it was an excellent t/t. This would be around 1970.
    Well, I bought my first (one of many) BD1 back around then, maybe 1972. Since that time I've had about ten Connoisseurs if you include the BD2s. I recently unearthed my last remaining BD1 and intend to resurrect it before too long. Set up right they are remarkably good and surprisingly spares are still available.

I'm Nobody.

I still have a mint one but i can't us it because of my OCD

As you know the platter to edge of the metal plate (front/rear & left hand side are all of different measurements! it does my head in

I'm Geoff.

Better give it to me then Andr'e. I hate to think of you fretting over the asymmetric dimensions all the time.

I'm steve.

I had one a while too, lovely musical bit of kit and a classic example of British engineering

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast