+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fisual Havana XL

MartinT Guest

Default Fisual Havana XL

While the Tellurium Q Black Phonos are out of circuit to be reworked, I fished around in my large box of spare cables and uncovered a 0.6m pair of Fisual Havana XL cables, bought for some now lost reason back in time. They are silver plated AV audio cables with gold plated phono connectors of unknown provenance, except that they are apparently constructed in the UK.

I didn't expect much but actually they do the job pretty well, handling the SUT to phono preamp connection until I get my TQs back into service. One problem up front is that the screen isn't connected to anything I rapidly fixed that, connecting the screen to ground at the destination end only. They are now playing Rickie Lee Jones and sounding pretty good considering they've been in the garage for at least 10 years.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Hmm, I noticed these things when hunting for a reasonably cheap USB cable, still went for the Belkin

Actually as I no longer need to power the V-Link from the PC I'm thinking of making my own

The Fisual Havana did cross my mind though. Apparently at least the USB cable gets a very good review, so I don't see why the others should be a damp squib.
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

+ Reply to Thread