I felt compelled to post this item because of my previous "negative" posts regarding my poor experience with my Cyrus CD XT se.

I've had the SE2 for a few weeks now - this was a "free replacement" for my previous SE which just skipped and hopped and generally pissed me off. I say free, it wasn't actually free it was the thick end of £600 but that was originally the quote to upgrade my old unit to SE2 spec but Mr Cyrus doubtless fed up of my whinging and whining gave me a sponfire new unit

I will stick my neck out and come straight to the point - the CD XT SE2/PSxR is absolutely brilliant. Yes, it digs a bit more data off the disc than the SE, there is definitely more low level information to hear but it's what it does with the data that stuns. On fast driving tracks (Otis Taylor - Ten Million Slaves) it's like being repeatedly punched in the gut, bass is relentless, low, powerful, tactile, but, and here's the clever bit it doesn't drown and swamp the rest of the presentation, everything is in it's rightful place. And that is oft way out beyond the speakers - the soundstage is immense. Yet, on softer, quieter pieces (Einaudi - Nightbook) it has a delicacy and finesse - you can "see" him stroking the ivory keys (easier for me as I've seen him perform this piece live).

There is an emotion and energy to the music that was just not there on the previous unit - nothing else has changed in my (digital) system - (yet )

In terms of reliability, clearly very early days but so far not one hop, skip or jump nor any eject issues either.

Clearly, this is not a cheap CD player, especially when you add in your chosen DAC your going to be nudging £2K but if that's the market your in then you will not be disappointed.

There - honour satisfied

Steve