+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY Room Treatment

I'm Simon.

No takers?
    Multi million dollar industry in the states but hardly anyone here will be tempted.
    Bizzare to say the least.

I'm Simon.

My listening room is also my home studio so I have quite a lot of acoustic treatment in there. It makes a huge difference.

Contrary to popular belief, however, a wooden floor is better than a carpeted one in many respects. Carpet will only absorb high and some upper mid frequencies so it does not prevent reflections from the floor - it just colours those reflections and actually makes it more difficult to judge a mix. If neutrality is what you're after then go for a wooden floor every time and concentrate your room treatment in places where you have the space to install something thick enough to absorb the full range of frequencies.

Simon.
    System 1: Marantz CD6000OSE, Beresford TC-7520, Marantz PM6010OSE, QED QNect II interconnect, Dual CS505 Mk3 turntable with Audiotechnica AT110E cartridge, Denon DRM-700A cassette deck, biwired B&W 685 S2 speakers on sand-filled Atacama SE24 supports.
    System 2: Marantz M-CR610, JPW Gold Monitors, Chord C-Screen speaker cables, NAS drive.
    System 3 (portable): Cayin N3
    My website: Foxysounds website
    My music: Foxysounds music

I'm Simon.

Couldn't agree more.
    I have a wooden floor and it makes life so much easier levelling and isolating the kit.
    I have absorbers at the first reflection points on the ceiling and sides of the room.
    Panels/triangles at the wall ceiling seams and rear corners are built with a membrane to stop them soaking up too much high frequencies and full range bass traps in the front corners, built along the lines of Echobuster Phase 4 towers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12