+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Sony BDP-S300 is struggling

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Was that next to a petrol station Mark. Long time ago (ten to twelve years ago) and a time I'd like to forget, but if you know where I'm talking about, I bought my still running Pioneer DV 545 from there.
    Yes, sort of, though this was after the Oxford Road & New Road shops , I also bought a DVD player from besides the petrol station, like yours it still works
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm john.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    After Paul Taylor's (multiregionmagic.co.uk) comments about the Pioneer's high quality video output (he says there is none better and he sells a wide range of brands), I've been convinced that this is the way to go. I simply didn't want to spend any more on an Oppo much as I've fancied one in the past, and any high quality internal audio circuitry would go to waste. I also rejected a Panasonic even though it would match my TV.

So I've ordered a Pioneer BDP-LX55 region 1/2/3/4/5/6/A/B/C player.

Nice choice martin

jon

MartinT Guest

Received the Pioneer today. Very, very pleased with it, PQ and SQ are both superb. The player is hugely faster than my old Sony, both with loading discs and moving around the chapters. The fact that it plays DVD-A and SACD and down-converts them to S/PDIF is a bonus since my Ayre plays those, too. But it's allowed me to test the Bushmaster's mettle to great effect.

Played Avatar and Serenity Blu-rays so far, both look superb and have subterranean soundtracks. DVDs also upsample rather well. Nice

I'm john.

Received the Pioneer today. Very, very pleased with it, PQ and SQ are both superb. The player is hugely faster than my old Sony, both with loading discs and moving around the chapters. The fact that it plays DVD-A and SACD and down-converts them to S/PDIF is a bonus since my Ayre plays those, too. But it's allowed me to test the Bushmaster's mettle to great effect.

Played Avatar and Serenity Blu-rays so far, both look superb and have subterranean soundtracks. DVDs also upsample rather well. Nice

So far you like?

jon

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jon1 View Post
    So far you like?
    I do, I do

I'm john.

I do, I do

Good good ...Martin i have the pioneer lx91 had over a year now best yet

jon

MartinT Guest

Very nice, Jon. However, the LX91 was not available with the multi-region mod and is probably overkill for my application, which is simply as a transport for Blu-rays and DVDs. All audio goes offboard to the Bushmaster DAC.

I take it you must have a humungous display or projector to go with a machine like that?

I'm john.

Very nice, Jon. However, the LX91 was not available with the multi-region mod and is probably overkill for my application, which is simply as a transport for Blu-rays and DVDs. All audio goes offboard to the Bushmaster DAC.

I take it you must have a humungous display or projector to go with a machine like that?

I have only got 52"lcd did have few pj but not now

jon

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

I have a feeling Jon prefers his audio going on the multichannel cables he uses

Maybe I ought to start playing the lottery

Glad to here you are happy with the performance of the new BD player Martin
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm john.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    I have a feeling Jon prefers his audio going on the multichannel cables he uses

Maybe I ought to start playing the lottery

Glad to here you are happy with the performance of the new BD player Martin

Steady mark I would not mind being a penny behind you

jon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12