+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 133 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1328

Thread: Beresford Bushmaster DAC Reviews

I'm rex.

Based on my somewhat enthusiastic and glowing reviews, which heaped high praise on the Qinpu A6000 MKII tube amp and the Beresford Bushmaster DAC, I would like to set the record straight.

NO, I am not a SHILL for these products. They were purchased, both of them retail from from Amazon and Beresford. My wife and I have no connection whatsoever, with any of these products or companies.

My reviews were based solely on my listening perceptions and evaluations of these products. My musings on the above products were purely a desire, for me, to share with readers of these forums, what I consider to be great sounding products, which cost so little, yet give so much musical enjoyment, that it would be a sin, in my view, not to let others know. Take it for what it's worth and let your ears be the judge. I call them as I see or listen to them.

I also have in my possession, the french made Battery Operated NOS DAC (Non-oversampling DAC) which I am still breaking in; Additionally, I have also ordered the chinese made SMSL 398 DAC, which I am still awaiting receipt of. Once i have listened to them, I may, depending on my mood, share my findings, and listening experiences with readers of this forum.

Rex

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Rex - hope I haven't offended you - just "having a laugh" as we say over here - great if you are an enthusiastic customer, and you certainly have a very sound basis for comparison (pun intended!) You'll get used to me - eventually, but all in good spirit!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by rxjr View Post
    NO, I am not a SHILL for these products. They were purchased, both of them retail from from Amazon and Beresford. My wife and I have no connection whatsoever, with any of these products or companies.
    Hi Rex, don't take it that serious . I remember selling you the DAC. But you probably hadn't figure out that I am the same person who designs and sells the Beresford Bushmaster DAC .

I'm rex.

No offense taken. Was so taken aback and pleasantly surprised by what I consider to be great strides and improvements provided by the Qinpu A6000 MKII and the Beresford Bushmaster; at what I consider to be, such ridiculously low prices, that prompted my great enthusiasm for these products.

Yes, StanB, I do know and am fully aware, that you are the creator of the famous (infamous) Bushmaster. I will eagerly await the next iteration of this great sounding piece of audio gear. Wish list on next gen Bushmaster: Addition of RCA inputs (at least two); volume control that functions as preamp controls; USB inputs; retain headphone jack; while of course, retaining the clean, lively dynamic sound of its predecessor; A Bushmaster sort of Preamp; all of this (or more) for the sensibly, ridiculously low, penny pinching price, your gear is known for. A challenge for you indeed.

I opened my mail just moments ago, and there it was. The Sbooster from Mark Grant cables, UK. I have it hooked up to the Bushmaster and am currently playing music through it- breaking it in, so to speak. Initial listening (not critical) sessions sound very promising indeed. Will provide comments on the Sbooster Bushmaster combo versus the Incredicharge 18,000 mah rechargeable battery that I purchased from Amazon for use in charging my Iphones and Ipads, Hp tablets and Laptops. The Incredicharge rechargeable battery pack was pressed into service in powering the Bushmaster, only because I already had it and my desire to see (hear) any differences between the ac mains Bushmaster power supply vs battery power. Will let you know results, when sufficient listening sessions are finished and compiled. Will comment at that time.

rex

synsei Guest

The Beresford Bushmaster ~ Pure Gold... I shall expand on this more once I have peeled myself off the ceiling

I'm Michael.

Default My DAC experience....

Hello fellow DAC peeps.

So, my shiny new Beresford Bushmaster DAC arrived yesterday. It took less than four days from order to doorstep....considering where I live and the more than vague 'postcodes' we have here I would say that was pretty impressive, bordering miracle status.

Anyhows, plugged it in to Cambridge Audio 640c (transport) into Cambridge Audio 640 Amp into B&W 685's (I know,fairly 'low-fi' amongst this forum).....couldn't help it but put in Pink Floyd, Delicate Sound of Thunder.

Now bearing in mind I had spent close to £200 and it looks pretty natty coupled with all the anticipation/reviews I had to control myself and give it a harsh critical listen...to be on the fence so to speak. Ignore all Emperors new clothes and all that.

Having only ever owned a cheap Fiio DAC (which was pretty good, until it died on me) I had nothing else to compare it to but powered it up.............drum roll......

I can only liken the experience to that of, you know when you in an aeroplane and your ears go fuzzy with the pressure and then they suddenly equalise and everything is then really open and sharp. Well thats what we have here. I had to rewind a few tracks and listen again as there was so much more to take in than before, so many more instruments and dynamic placement that I had to make sure it wasn't me. But yes, they were there in abundance, clear and punchy, a far broader spectrum of sound that I have not experienced with my set up before.

I did the usual comparison of Apple Lossless files and then the same CD and have to say on the whole, the CD sounded better. Maybe my ripping, on an old Macbook and the Apple Lossless format contra a good ripper into FLAC is just not quite up to it. Certain tunes such as Welcome to the cruel world, Ben Harper sound pretty darn good in Apple Lossless format as well as similar genre which are generally cleaner, i.e less intruments, sound fairly ace. Movies, fed from Apple tv 1 modded with Broadcom Card and general TV stuff also leap out at you. Darn it's good....how did I cope before?! There is now so much more detail that I was missing before.

So onto the main reviewer, My Wife...(Wi-fi)...she is super critical of me spending anything remotely hi-fi related...but understands my needs, so long as she can have another pair of shoes....ahem......I put on her fave Avalon, Roxy Music in CD format which she listen for a full one minute and she said it sounded amazing. At that, I stopped the CD and sent her off to the supermarket, for the weekly shop. Test over. Harsh, but she doesn't procrastinate and pontificate like me, she'll listen and then give it the the critical marks out of ten straight away

So thats it.

Now, I know that my set up is fairly low-fi but at least it is a start and this DAC has certainly improved the sound, full stop, which is what it is all about.

However, and this is surely going to be the problem for all of us, this is now the normal, par for the score sound and after a while will I be hoping for something better? Right? I think in this instance, I'll cash my chips in buy a few more cd's, dust down all the old cd's and just enjoy..................at least for the moment anyway

Stanley Beresford, take a bow.

Thank you.

Yours,

Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Apple Tv 1 - 1st gen (160g) with Broadcom Card
    Amp -Cambridge Audio Azur 640A
    Cd - Cambridge Audio Azur 640C
    Beresford Bushmaster DAC
    B&W 685 - Cherry

I'm Nobody.

Any chance of a USB version materializing at all Stan?

Does the silver one have chrome select press button,Hedphone bezel & volume control trim, if so would it be possible to have the chrome fittings with the Black fasia as my OCD has issues with Gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    Any chance of a USB version materializing at all Stan?

Maybe, maybe not

Does the silver one have chrome select press button,Hedphone bezel & volume control trim, if so would it be possible to have the chrome fittings with the Black fasia as my OCD has issues with Gold!

You aren't asking for much, are you ?

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post

You aren't asking for much, are you ?
    No not really, so is it possible Stan?

+ Reply to Thread