+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: microRendu

I'm Kyle.

Question microRendu

Has anyone tried the Sonore microRendu USB renderer yet with a Beresford Caiman Dac? Just wondered if they play nicely together and what sound quality is like. The microRendu is an ethernet network music renderer/streamer with USB output and I think a Linux OS.
    http://www.microrendu.sonore.us/

At that sort of price range of U$640 you can use a Raspberry Pi instead and have enough change left over to buy another Caiman and another Pi.

I'm Kyle.

HaHa, But I don't need another Beresford Dac! So I take that Stan to mean that you think I would get just as good sound quality out of a RPi and you don't buy into the audio hype Sonore are pitching about this new product?

Never mind the hype. The most important thing is whether a product does what you are looking to achieve. Whatever it can do over and above that is a separate issue. But it is those extra functions and features that then pushes the price up.
    There is no DSD streaming yet available from the internet. So unless you are going to stream DSD from your own server, the Pi would be a more sensible solution.

I'm Kyle.

Thanks Stan always appreciate good advice ��

I'm Mike.

I have a Pi setup, two in fact but I'm considering the mRendu as well as I think it will be an improvement on the Pi.

But £566 is a serious investment over the Pi cost so at the moment I'm still at the will I won't I stage lol.

I've not checked the UK price since the vote and I'll be peed off if it has gone up as they had stock before the vote, off to check price now 😉
    Last edited by mikeyb; 27-06-2016 at 11:17.

I'm Mike.

Surprise surprise it's gone up £19 since the vote and it's pre vote stock, grrrrrr that just really pisses me off, talk about ripping people off, they won't get my sale now.

Surprisingly I have made more sales to mainland EU in the last few days than I have done for months. I guess the collapsing £ has made my goods now more affordable for those on the continent. It will be all good news until I have to replenish my stock and then get faced with the realities of a stronger U$. I could do with a holiday to a sunny island in the Caribbean right now.

I'm Grant.

Scottish Caribbean is Skye. Glasgow,s is Arran.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

i waited too long in snapping up a flat near Edinburgh uni last year. Big regret now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast