+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A2 Amps

I'm Mark.

I wish I'd heard that particular amp Nick, but I think the last A2 amp I heard would have been Ed's 572B amp (?) and of course we've had a couple of nice 833 amps in recent years running around 0V bias. Definitely a great sound to be had - but some high voltages usually. Well worth a chat with Nick & Paul B on Audio Talk .

I'm martin.

Quote Originally Posted by lurcher View Post
    Yep, E130L, two per channel, one as a cathode follower, the other as a load for the cathode follower.
    I will try to go for the E130l and a ccs with mosfets as tube load, the iron you used is from AE as it looks !
    What kind of output transformer did you using (load , E or C core )

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Wonfor View Post
    Very nice I like it. And no Heatsinks, cool.
    Well, there was for the two 5A heater supplies.
    Nick.

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by diymartin View Post
    I will try to go for the E130l and a ccs with mosfets as tube load, the iron you used is from AE as it looks !
    What kind of output transformer did you using (load , E or C core )

12k amorphous core. I had them around originally for 211 use. Must build that (and several others) again.
    Nick.

I'm martin.

Can you discribe your schematic as opp points.
    Got another 5 pairs of Mullard E130l so will go for the full tube cathode follower setup.
    I go for Silvercore output transformers , he has lots of experience with A2 triodes....

I'm Nick.

I don't have the circuit written, t was a breadboard some years ago from what I could find, think the driver stage had about + and - 250v rails. Driver was a ECC40 driving a 1:1 interstage to grid of cathode follower pentode, Other end of the secondary went to a potential divider to allow setting the grid bias of the th100, the cathode follower was directly coupled to the grid of course. About 1000v on the th100 anode. Thats about it. TBH, that should be enough info to build it.
    Nick.

I'm martin.

Quote Originally Posted by lurcher View Post
    I don't have the circuit written, t was a breadboard some years ago from what I could find, think the driver stage had about + and - 250v rails. Driver was a ECC40 driving a 1:1 interstage to grid of cathode follower pentode, Other end of the secondary went to a potential divider to allow setting the grid bias of the th100, the cathode follower was directly coupled to the grid of course. About 1000v on the th100 anode. Thats about it. TBH, that should be enough info to build it.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123