+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Acoustical (Quad) Corner Ribbon Speaker + AG Garrard 401

I'm Matt.

Default Acoustical (Quad) Corner Ribbon Speaker + AG Garrard 401

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/audio_grai...id=p4340.l2562

Rare Acoustical (Quad) Corner Ribbon speaker and original finish Garrard 401 (Completely serviced & Boxed) £0.01p start no reserve

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever.
    www.sellgarrard301.com

I'm steve.

very nice... i have a pair of those speakers, the mids and treble are fantastic, those ribbons are really something, way above the kellys of the time.

A book on hifi from the 50's rates them above all the uk competition in corner speakers, inc tannoys and klipshorn, i can understad that given the quality of the mids and treble..
    there is a part of me wanting to remove the horn ribbons and partner them with an open baffle bass... but i've resisted so far...

best of luck with the sale,, they are rare there was only 1000 speakers made, thats the 6th one i know about and many went for export..

they came in two types that is the early one with the front port, i have one of each type ( the later has ports on the rear ) but you would not tell the difference when playing.
    collector and DIY user of old british triode valves

Open baffles / single ended diy px4 and px25 valve amps

I'm Matt.

www.sellgarrard301.com

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by SPS View Post
    very nice... i have a pair of those speakers, the mids and treble are fantastic, those ribbons are really something, way above the kellys of the time.

A book on hifi from the 50's rates them above all the uk competition in corner speakers, inc tannoys and klipshorn, i can understad that given the quality of the mids and treble..
    there is a part of me wanting to remove the horn ribbons and partner them with an open baffle bass... but i've resisted so far...

best of luck with the sale,, they are rare there was only 1000 speakers made, thats the 6th one i know about and many went for export..

they came in two types that is the early one with the front port, i have one of each type ( the later has ports on the rear ) but you would not tell the difference when playing.
    Many thanks for the feedback , I genuinely wish I had a pair - They certainly wouldn't be for sale. When I tested this unit I was rather taken with the sound presentation and I've certainly fallen for the styling of the enclosure...I think I can feel a pre pang of sellers remorse coming on
    www.sellgarrard301.com

I'm Matt.

Ending tomorrow evening (Sunday)
    www.sellgarrard301.com

+ Reply to Thread