+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Diy Gallery

I'm Nobody.

Nice job Chris, Original '774' was a proper arm anorl ..Did you get those PT Carbon top plates sorted?

I'm Chris.

I did that Andre. The PT looks rather fetching in CF, but wish I'd used a bit thicker sheet as 1mm is a little too flimsy. Plus I learnt a few lessons along the way so may go there again in the future.

Wasn't too much of an issue on the 110 as the whole lot has a composite structure on the underside supporting the CF which is just there for asthetics.

I'm Nobody.

Can't you get tho's cutter burn marks out of the grooves at all?

I'm Chris.

Someone did mention some old world and nigh on impossible to attain fluid, but otherwise I left it 'as is' for character!

To try and sand them out would have ruined the fluting.

Best way to deal with it, is to have a sharp router in the first place.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by satanfriendly View Post

Best way to deal with it, is to have a sharp router in the first place.
    Machining like that needs the cutter to be running at higher speeds than a router can give to be rights

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

Ok! Latest little mess about! Not really a fan of spdif, but as it's the universal connection to a dac, I though I'd have a play. Got this 1541a based dac on eBay with a fault. The original dac was a non a version and looked like a copy. Anyway, as I have a few of these chips about the place it was too hard to find the fault (scope is well handy!!).

As I can't leave anything alone, I set about some mods. Fet based reg on the filter, seperate STD 7805's for the receiver both analogue and digital, audiocom regs on the 3 supplies to the tda, loads of uF on the supplies, LME47920HA's decoupled with pans FM and bummed the horrid elco dc blockers for some ampohm's! How's it sound? a million dollars! Def worthy of a case and a bit more work ;-)

Couple if pics for those who like that sort of thing (that would include me!!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by UV101; 03-04-2011 at 18:44.
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

Quote Originally Posted by UV101 View Post
    and bummed the horrid elco dc blockers for some ampohm's!

Bloody iPhone and taptalk!!!! I would like to point out for the record that there was no bumming whatsoever involved in this recent project.

Thanks
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Alan.

Default Development PSU

Made this for development work, plus and minus outputs up to 290V.
    Cost me nothing too , all parts out of the skip.

Cheers, Alan

I'm Dave.

Progress so far on a Transcendent Sound "Son of Beast" 15W OTL. The only one in his range that's fully point-to-point (though I think there's a 300B SE OTL in the works which will be also) --- 2 weeks and it's still not done!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast