+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tannoy HPD 295A loose 4 pin socket

I'm Peter.

Default Tannoy HPD 295A loose 4 pin socket

Hi

I have a pair of Tannoy HPD 295A in homemade boxes and one of the speakers sounded like it was muffled. I removed the driver and found the 4-pin connector was fitting very loosely in the 4-pin socket.
    I can see that all of the socket pins (if that is what they are called) look slightly bent and on one of then one side has sheered off so the connector is not being held tightly. If I move the connector around the HF and LF kicks in and all sounds fine.

The 4-pin socket appears to be riveted to the driver and I don't fancy having a go at it without some suggestions.

If this makes sense to anyone and you have some suggestions on how to get at the socket and replace them please let me know.

Peter

I'm Geoff.

Speak to Paul Coupe at Reference Fidelity Components, he'll have the answer.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Peter.

Thanks im in contact with Paul. Appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread