+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HMV & Vinyl

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur07 View Post
    to be fair they've been selling vinyl via their website for some time at some of the cheapest prices with free P&P, and a no quibble return policy. I've got some decent stuff from them over the last few years and I'm thankful for that.
    Do they refund you the cost of returning an item?
    Barry

I'm John.

to be fair they've been selling vinyl via their website for some time at some of the cheapest prices with free P&P, and a no quibble return policy. I've got some decent stuff from them over the last few years and I'm thankful for that.
    Yes they have and I've bought quite a few LP's from their website and not had a duff one yet.
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by prestonchipfryer View Post
    Yes they have and I've bought quite a few LP's from their website and not had a duff one yet.
    Sounds like I may have to start checking out HMV instead of Amazon.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Sounds like I may have to start checking out HMV instead of Amazon.
    Also got loads off Amazon UK and Amazon USA. No problems (as yet) with the imports from USA, but I tend to buy just one at a time.
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm Mike.

Cardiff tried to phase it out in the early 90's, then dance hit mainstream and it came back big time. Around 2006 they then phased it out after having quite a good selection to be fair.

Couple of months ago it came back. A whole isle (one side) of mainly rock 180gram re-issues......which is better than none at all of course

No dance singles though

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1210 View Post
    it came back. A whole isle (one side) of mainly rock 180gram re-issues.....
    Yeehaaarrr cowboy what other type of music do you need
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm ChrisB.

HMV in Lancaster started stocking vinyl a couple of months ago. I went & had a look out of interest (normally I'd not darken their door) & found maybe a couple of hundred titles, mostly biggish sellers from the past, priced in the 14-25 quid range. I was rather pleased to find one or two fairly lesser known things too - including Big Star's 'Radio City'. However the staff, rather exposed their lack of knowledge as they had it filed under 'R'. I moved it to the 'B's' & the little twerp put it back while muttering "R for Radio City"

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Yeehaaarrr cowboy what other type of music do you need
    More dance stuff of course, which is why it came back in the first place in the 90's

I'm colin.

Last year i bought a copy of lal Watersons album Once in a Blue Moon from Oxford street only to find it damaged. i took it back only to find it back on the racks a week later.
    Technic 1210, PS3, AVI neutron 2.1, Icon Audio p1 phono stage.

I'm Steve.

I wouldn't buy from HMV Belfast in a fit.....they have no clue how to present or look after vinyl. Their pricing strategy is nearly as bad as a few 'Hi End' hi fi design houses lmao.

Head have gone but word for those in the know is that they will return rather soonish....watch this space.

ECM vinyl in HMV = upwards on £30 sometimes.....can be had from ECM for an awful lot less direct!
    Steve

Never let anything cause you to doubt your ability to demonstrate the truth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast