+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Computers: Interesting Alternative Anitvirus

I'm drunk.

I'm Geoff.

To reiterate (or revisit the thread if you like).

I had tried many of the regular Anti-Virus applications, AVG, McAfee and so on. I had problems with the very invasive Bullguard and Norton, you have to go to their sites to obtain various uninstallers for all the bits left behind when you try to do a basic uninstall. But they all generally seemed to be compromising the response of the computer, so I had a look for something different.

I've now been using this unusual Anti-Virus application (Xyvos) for around three years and it has been absolutely foolproof. It has bumped up the speed at which my computer operates, as it uses hardly any resources and never needs to update, as it is not definitions based. Have you noticed how slow your computer becomes when receiving those large and regular update files.

Basically, Xyvos stands guard over the computer and stops any suspicious activity.

Its the best AV I've used and I've tried many.

I'm Andrew.

ccleaner (or crap cleaner) to give its proper name is also very good at removing stuff of your your drive. Its free and updated on a regular basis, I get mine from filehippo.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    ccleaner (or crap cleaner) to give its proper name is also very good at removing stuff of your your drive. Its free and updated on a regular basis, I get mine from filehippo.
    Yes I use CCleaner, but I use Disc Cleanup first as they seem to catch different stuff.

I also use Free Window Registry Repair and Spyware Expert regularly and find them very effective.

I'm Nobody.

I have 'Xyvos 1.5'

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    I have 'Xyvos 1.5'
    How are you finding it Andre?

Personally I'm very pleased with what it does, I can't see me using a definitions based AV again.

Geoff.

I'm george.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    I have 'Xyvos 1.5'
    Im sick of avg slowing me down...think Ill give this one a try

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by seoirse2002 View Post
    Im sick of avg slowing me down...think Ill give this one a try
    If you want to give Xyvos a whirl, download it first but don't open the file. Then disconnect from the internet and use AVG to give your computer a complete scan. Once your computer is clean, turn off AVG and open and activate the Xyvos package. Once that is functioning uninstall AVG, using the AVG uninstaller that you should find in 'all programs'.

I'm drunk.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    How are you finding it Andre?

Personally I'm very pleased with what it does, I can't see me using a definitions based AV again.

Geoff.
    Great can't fault it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast