+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your new Fuzzy purchases?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Barry,

In my experience, Zappa stuff is usually around that price (or sometimes a lot more) in the second-hand record shops I use

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Barry,

In my experience, Zappa stuff is usually around that price (or sometimes a lot more) in the second-hand record shops I use

Marco.
    Fair enough Marco - 'value' is what you are prepared to pay.

Do you have any comments to make on my 'cork problem' (post 726)?

Regards
    Barry

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Fair enough Marco - 'value' is what you are prepared to pay.
    Yup, and/or what the market dictates... Zappa albums on vinyl have an intrinsic market value, which is reflected in the price charged for it in record shops.

Do you have any comments to make on my 'cork problem' (post 726)?
    I hadn't noticed it before, but have now. I'll comment later, after I've watched the tennis

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm john.

The Zappa LP's were around £90 the dearest was Hot Rats at £20...the rest were £10 appart for two that were £15...Europa rarely gets such good stock as this in these days..the reason is simply Ewen the owner pays peanuts for stuff brought in..I have around 60 odd cd's to sell he offered £20..would be as well giving em to charity at that price..
    John.

I'm Nobody.

Wonders never cease:
    Popped in HMV today in Sheffield.. found Cream 'Wheels Of Fire' (Studio) for a good £14.00 on White Vinyl (Vinyl Lovers 990199)..

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by F307 View Post
    Wonders never cease:
    Popped in HMV today in Sheffield.. found Cream 'Wheels Of Fire' (Studio) for a good £14.00 on White Vinyl (Vinyl Lovers 990199)..
    Whargggh!

Vinyl has to be black. Avoid any vinyl that is not black!

However, the studio part of Wheels of Fire is rather good - much better than the poorly recorded live part.

"Pressed Rat and Warthog have closed down their shop,
    They didn't want to - 'twas all they had got.
    Selling atonal apples, amplified heat,
    And Pressed Rat's collection of dog legs and feet.
    "
    Barry

I'm Nobody.

Well i didnt know it was coloured till i got home & broke the seal, however it's this or buying a second hand edition of which ive no intensions in doing if i can help it.

MartinT Guest

I bought Norah Jones' Little Broken Hearts on double LP and discovered both discs were white. It doesn't seem to suffer any for being white and sounds superb.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
    The Zappa LP's were around £90 the dearest was Hot Rats at £20...the rest were £10 appart for two that were £15...Europa rarely gets such good stock as this in these days..the reason is simply Ewen the owner pays peanuts for stuff brought in..I have around 60 odd cd's to sell he offered £20..would be as well giving em to charity at that price..
    Very few CDs have any value but I agree that is a tad low.

Sadly I don't think I will be in Scotland this year. I usually buy quite a few records from Ewen.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Been buying large clumps of a classical record collection recently, Elgar, Copland, Barber, Stravinsky, Britten, Vivaldi, Vaughan Williams, Sibelius, Saint-Saëns, Erik Satie etc.

All mint, both covers and lps. There are thousands. There is about three meters of Beethoven, Two of Mozart, One of Bach etc I want to buy more but once I am through I will probably catalogue them and put them up for sale on AOS.

I was playing Elgar earlier, beautiful.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast