+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone have any Target Wall Shelf tweaks to share?

I'm Bruce.

Default Anyone have any Target Wall Shelf tweaks to share?

Now that I finally got my 1210M5G into a listenable zone (New Isonoe footers - WOW!) and a phono stage change toa Musical Surroundings Phononema II - I am now looking to possibly tweak my Target Pro 2 shelf :

http://www.needledoctor.com/Target-W...lf-PRO-2-shelf

I am looking for suggestions on the following:

1. Replacing the lame set screws that prop up the main top shelf (spikes, pods?) with something that will still allow me to level the shelf correctly

2. Replace the actual top shelf itself - custom maple block or similar.

Anyone else used this shelf (or it's single shelf version) and offer any recommendations?

VP

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The material the shelf is made from is the main thing to try I think from memory. As well as a solid wood one, can you get some balsa of around 1" thickness cut to size? Something Solid in the UK do some veneered ones and may be able to supply you overseas. The graphite discs they supply may better replace the Target screws in this instance..
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    The material the shelf is made from is the main thing to try I think from memory. As well as a solid wood one, can you get some balsa of around 1" thickness cut to size? Something Solid in the UK do some veneered ones and may be able to supply you overseas. The graphite discs they supply may better replace the Target screws in this instance..
    Thanks! My local resource that can handle the wood replacements so I will look into balsa in addition to maple.

I am still looking for the best options on getting rid of those hex screws since I can't see them doing any real good.

What are the graphite discs all about? I do need to have the replacement be able to level the shelf so I am not sure I want to have something that simply "sits" on the interior frame. Using the feet of the Techy for levelling is not an option...

Cheers,

VP

+ Reply to Thread