+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 7 Beta

I can't check right now as I'm in XP but I think the 7 beta has the sample rate fixed at 48 kHz if i remember correctly, with various options greyed out so you can't change them. Didn't test sound out on it after I noticed this as all my audio is 44.1 kHz.

I'm Nuno.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin^ View Post

I will making Windows 7 my main operating system when it is released next year and will continue to run it as my main one until then.
    How is it possible?I´m running Windows 7 Beta and the licence expires on 31 July 2009!

I am a CTP Tester for Microsoft USA and will get further Beta builds, my beta build isn't time expired.

For those interested in Windows 2008 Server as an alternative, have a look here or more specifically at the .pdf doc here

I've been running it for months now and it's so much better than Vista...

I am running Windows 7.

Just getting my head round some of it just now, but what I don't like is the way it does not automatically add album art and track info without any input.

Pasting album art seems finicky so far too, but I am sure I will get into it.

Windows 7 is actually a Vista 2 (it's a tweaked/updated Vista).
    The beta is very good now and I'll probably upgrade once it's gold status, skipping the horrible Vista.

The price of server 2008 makes it kinda expensive for those of us that pay for the OS

Quote Originally Posted by Class View Post
    Windows 7 is actually a Vista 2 (it's a tweaked/updated Vista).
    The beta is very good now and I'll probably upgrade once it's gold status, skipping the horrible Vista.

The price of server 2008 makes it kinda expensive for those of us that pay for the OS

Nah, I think that's interweb hype for you.

Windows 7 has been on the cards for years it was being dicussed in computer magazines before service pack 3 for XP, it sort of follows the old new OS ever two years thing from Windows, I am pretty sure Vista will have another service pack soon and continue to drag at the heels.

I am quite liking Windows 7, its quite snappy, and as far as I am concerned going to be a bit of a step for Windows which along with Leopard for Mac me ultimately disappoint some. I have also heard there are going to be changes to the costs and availability of OEM software.

Edit, W7 will do 16 or 24bit 44/48/96 audio via spdif. At least thats the options I have. It also has a room correction box which states a microphone is required, I am guessing this will be more for movies though? May try it with the mike from my Pioneer 912 amp.
    Last edited by sastusbulbas; 08-03-2009 at 05:35.

Quote Originally Posted by sastusbulbas View Post
    Windows 7 has been on the cards for years [...]
    Er, yeah, don't know where that came from, sorry about that.

SP2 for Vista is in RC status now I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12