+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS Revox G36 15ips High Speed (original high speed) R2R

I'm Charlie.

Thanks guys. I don't think you'd get a Nagra IV-S for £500 now. They've shot up in value too. I haven't seen a serviced IV-S go for less that about £1200 recently. I did toy with the idea of getting a Nagra, but to be honest I just don't use them, so there's no point really. But I'm not going to let it go for peanuts, as I don't need to sell it.

Best wishes,

Charlie

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Similar machines usually go for ~ £750. About thirty years ago, a collegue at work put his Revox 736HS up for sale at £25. I declined!
    The cost of a service is factored into the price, it being serviced and running well. That makes it a fair price, in my opinion

Good luck with the sale anyway, I know it will make the purchaser very happy!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by topoxforddoc View Post
    Thanks guys. I don't think you'd get a Nagra IV-S for £500 now. They've shot up in value too. I haven't seen a serviced IV-S go for less that about £1200 recently. I did toy with the idea of getting a Nagra, but to be honest I just don't use them, so there's no point really. But I'm not going to let it go for peanuts, as I don't need to sell it.

Best wishes,

Charlie
    Good Charlie... I wouldn't take any less for it, it's a real bit of top period/vintage quality gear that works and sounds superb.

I'm still lusting after one but it's just not to be, unfortunately.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Charlie.

Joe and Nick,

Thanks for the kind words. Maybe I should try and use it more, but I just spend too much time spinning black vinyl.

Charlie
    www.charlie-chan.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12