+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Van den hul mc silver interconnects

I'm richard.

Default Van den hul mc silver interconnects

Looking for some help I was going to buy a chord signature interconnect but after much deliberation I more or less assume these are made of Belsen cable, I might be wrong but seems the general consensus
    I have been offerered a set of mc silver van den hul and wondered there is not much info on the net regards these , I'm trying to find out but I don't think there balance I presume these are the earlier version.
    Have you any experience of these?

I'm Tom.

I think the word you were looking for was BELDEN, not Belsen

Van Den Hul is a bit like a Marmite brand in that you either love or loathe them and to be honest they are not that popular, hence the lack of general information about them. I have had a play with one or two of their carbon variants and don't own any now, which sums up my views.

Your best option is to audition them before purchase and if you can't then I would advise against buying them because resale if you don't like them could be a protracted and expensive business.

I'm Phil.

great fan of van den hul first ultimate , am using with my ref 5 currently
    cracking value and very transparent cable
    also using the gold hybrid xlr which sadly had to replce mmy valhalla for £££ reasons , of course the nordost is better but costs shedloads more
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Yiangos.

Hey Richard

I've been using VDH mc-silver ever since the first version came out. What do you want to know? BTW,there are 2 versions.The normal mc-silver and the balanced one,which is a true balanced cable ie 3 wires insides wheres the normal (rca unbalanced) has 2 and this stands for all version,even the mk 1.

+ Reply to Thread