+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Random bike shots from the north..

I'm Mika.

Today Mrs.Mrok had evening shift at the hospital, so could make to the Wednesday cx event as a rider but went there with the kids instead. We walked at the forest by the trails and paths besides the difficult technical track and cheered to the fearless riders of the north. Here is old friend of mine Mr.S who took third place today.

The kids seemed to like playing at the forest and watching racers going by with speed. Especially they liked the part when I promised some chocolate pudding as the dessert for todays late dinner when came back home..
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm andy.

Nice photo's as usual, not familiar with that make of cyclocross bike.

Mika, have you ever taken part in Vátternrundan?, looks really interesting ride........ if you're fit.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Mika.

The maker for the cx bike pictured is Italian manufacturer Kuota. Pretty famous actually for their carbon frames for both road and cx use.

Have not taken part to Vätternrundan but few of the friends I ride frequently have participated several times and have also planned to do that some year. However the huge amount of participants is already a bit of a bummer as it brings some challenges and thus have been considering more doing some fleche/brevet type of rides during the next years..
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm Mika.

Long time no pics, so..

One and half week ago on Saturday took part to our city open CX championships with my fixed gear Steamroller. The track was nice and fast comibination of singletrack and park lanes with some really tight hills and wooden obstacles that most of the riders had to run. Ended up finishing somewhere around 35th of the total 45 participants with -2 laps to elite riders. Not bad eventhou hard as hell as my gearing is designed for commuting and easy trails..

Last Wednesday had a small get-together at Ms.N's apartment as his spouse was travelling on business. She loves fixed gear bikes and also makes delicious banana-peanut cake I enjoyed with one finnish small brewery IPA.

Friday evening after Mrs.Mrok came home from evening shift went to downtown to have few beers with some collegues from the office. Just had to stop by and take this pic as the paper factory behing the gulf looked so ..hmm.. peacefull.

I'm andy.

You didn't ride a CX with fixed gear did you??, respect if you did, just missed out on a Kona Paddy Wagon with flip flop hubs in my local classifieds going cheap couple of weeks ago, still keeping my eyes peeled for a Kinesis or Ridley CX bike.

That lump of B&P cake on the table looks bang hot, bet it taste real good and energy packed after your exertions.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Mika.

I did

I'm andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mika K View Post
    I did
    Step up dude,{drum rolls}......Mika K ''YOU ARE MAN OF THE YEAR''
    but i think you could've came in 25th if you had use a block and derailleur. even if you want to keep it simple with one chainring,
    and you do know if you crunch uphill often, it will eventually do your knees in young man.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Mika.

Long time no pics! HAve to do something for this issue..

Last week we received the first snowflakes here in northern Finland, so the winter season is officially on. Now as write this the snow has already melted once and we have had our share of slush and dark wet autumn but still enjoy the pics.

The trusty Steamroller during the first winter commute to the office.

The city bay with a nice light last week Saturday morning. Actually was on my way to the local hifi/highend fair while taking this one.

I'm andy.

Was waiting to see if anyone else would like to add to this thread but no.

Another immense picture landscape, Postcard card quality, the bike shot is arty too, well done.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mika K View Post
    The city bay with a nice light last week Saturday morning. Actually was on my way to the local hifi/highend fair while taking this one.

Gosh, Mika, that looks stunning and just like the sort of place I'd love to visit!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast