+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Random bike shots from the north..

I'm Harry.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347009069.698219.jpg

My lovely Isaac Sonic Ltd Edition. One of only 499 ever made. Mine is No 155

I'm andy.

Seriously lovely bikes Harry. bet you have a nice problem on which one to take out.

Nice film. http://www.infinitylist.com/video/brussels-express/
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by wiicrackpot View Post
    Seriously lovely bikes Harry. bet you have a nice problem on which one to take out.

Nice film. http://www.infinitylist.com/video/brussels-express/
    Yes it's a nice problem. But I have more. A bike for every day of the week. Ridiculous but true.

I'm andy.

I used to be like you, had 5 bikes at one point now i am down to 3, hopefully to 2 in the not too distant future.

Austro Daimler, 1st real bike, lovely lug work (reynolds 531 tubing)
    Giuseppe Sarroni in white with world champion coulour bands around lugs, a beauty (columbus sl tubing)
    Vutus 979, Sean Kelly had one so must i, (Duralinox aero grade alloy tubing and bonded instead of welding)
    Fondriest Don Racer, lovely bike and currently for sale as it's wasted on me not being used,(Dedacciai butted tubing)
    Airborne Corsair Titanium MTB, brilliant vintage hardtail XC MTB.
    Raleigh Pioneer hack (cheap reynolds tubing) bike for winter and foul weather.

...nothing like the quality of yours but equally satisfying as it's all self built with selected parts,
    as you can see i am moving away from road to off-road so want to end up with the last 2 eventually.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Mika.

Of course have those also but in general I try not to take pics only with my bikes on it. They just seem little dull or too techie oriented for me, so there has to be something other interesting happening also..

Last Saturday local fixed/ss-riders had a small event with title "Tour de nearby public houses". So in brief the idea was to have a group ride by the planned route via some locals small pubs, having some small tasks every now and then, and naturally enjoy the company of similar bike-o-holics while drinking beer. Started 3PM and ended 4AM next morning, stats 12 pubs with 79kms including one stop at the chinese restaurant. Next morning had a small hangover so perhaps should have drinken also some water instead of plain beer and single malts. Here we're practicing some bikebana at one nicely named place.

One of my friends Mr.O, or actually he and his wife are organizing weekly cx races every Wednesday. The races are more like freeform events without any special rules for the bikes or different classes etc. The purpose is just to ride cx and have fun. Have visited the event few times and now as his wife was having a business trip and the event was planned to woods near my place, he asked me to plan the track. Went there early with my fixed cx bike and a vision and one hour later the race was on. Here is the winner Mr.K pedaling at one of the trails included to short sprint related track that was finally raced for 12 laps. As it had been raining during the past 24 hors we had some mud, sweat and big grins!

Today while Mrs.Mrok is taking our son U to the first training for the kids Greco-Roman wrestling school, I had some quality time with our daughter S. That Fisher-Price thingie is quite fabulous toy got to admit. Not a bike shot but still..

Guess what album is playing at the background?
    Last edited by Mika K; 13-09-2012 at 16:06.

I'm andy.

Once again great pics Mika,

the Fixi one is soo...cool, really urban in feel and good enough for Portfolio shot.

The singletrack is very good, love the way you've framed it with the denseness of the trees and the track from infinity to where the rider is,
    what makes it is the solitary rider to add impact, someone else in frame would've taken the lookers attention away, pure Northshore bliss.

I guess the tune playing in the background is the ''Teletubbies'', i can tell by the happiness in your L'il angels eye's.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Mika.

The album was actually Rush - A Show of hands

This week it has more or less rained everyday but I have been brave sould and commuted my daily trip to work. However Wednesday had again change to go the cross event and this time participated as a racer. There were some people riding will glory in their eyes and some just for fun. The winner rode ten laps at the muddy track with some slippery roots and technical sections. I did eight at the same time with my fixed Steamroller, so not bad at all as the winner Mr. J is elite class competitor.

During my ride to the other side of the city where the event took place, the race and riding back searching some nice singletrack by the highway, had tons of fun. Mud, sweat and no gears. My Steamroller also looked pretty used after the ride..

Today it rains again and planning to do 2-3 hour ride after Mrs returns from the early morning shift. But first I have to go upstairs and play some Dino-game with the kids plus prepare some apple jam after the lunch. Phew!
    Last edited by Mika K; 22-09-2012 at 08:43.

I'm andy.

Well done you on your achievement in only 2 laps behind a elite rider, have attended some cyclocross races through the years and really admire the dogged determination and toughness of the participants.

Sold my race bike this week, now looking for a Kinesis Crosslight Pro 6.

http://road.cc/content/news/46405-fi...rosslight-pro6
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Mika.

Yeah I was actually bit surprised as thought that will get only 6-7 laps I guess they did not really race, just had a friendly competition between themselves

I have also been eyeballing some upgrades to my bike for this cx-season and winter commuting but have to really consider to skip the urge and leave Steamroller as plain fixed commuter and perhaps consider dedicated cx machine. Perhaps someday..

I'm Mika.

Just by accident came across this pic at one other bike related forum. It is taken by me from the first bike polo tournament arranged at northern Finland few years ago. Brings back some nice memories..

Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast