+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Random bike shots from the north..

I'm Mika.

Tuesday made 124km ride with my Gianni Motta. After 80k kept small break at the town Muhos to have a sandwitch and some lemonade. Soon after had to turn back home earlier than had planned as the frame started awkward noise and spotted a small crack near the old welding point. Unfortunately that has been already once repaired and as the crack is at the chainstay it might be that it is something cannot be fixed anymore..

So here is my version of the last supper

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mika K View Post
    During the ride checked out the local alleycat races, had a few beers with friends and did a nice night ride back to the summer house via the Crimean War monument and one nice beach..
    Why does a town in Finland have a Crimean War monument?
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200 with Sumiko h/s & Nagaoka MP50 * Firebottle valve MM phono stage * Parasound CDPi1000 * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Mika.

Fair question.

Most of the conflict of course took place on the Crimean Peninsula, but there were several smaller war campaigns in western Anatolia, Caucasus, the Baltic Sea, the Pacific Ocean and the White Sea linked to the same origin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_War#Baltic_theatre

The pic of the monument was taken at Halkokari beach in the town Kokkola, where British and French fleets attacks were repulsed 1954.

I'm Mika.

Four hour ride started with sunshine and continued with rainstorm with some heavy lightning strikes..

Did not feel taking out my camera after the weather changed. Sorry about that

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mika K View Post
    Fair question.

Most of the conflict of course took place on the Crimean Peninsula, but there were several smaller war campaigns in western Anatolia, Caucasus, the Baltic Sea, the Pacific Ocean and the White Sea linked to the same origin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_War#Baltic_theatre

The pic of the monument was taken at Halkokari beach in the town Kokkola, where British and French fleets attacks were repulsed 1954.
    Very interesting Mika, thanks for the link.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200 with Sumiko h/s & Nagaoka MP50 * Firebottle valve MM phono stage * Parasound CDPi1000 * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Mika.

Oops! That year 1954 should naturally be the year 1854..

I'm Martin.

lol didn't want to mention that - although the UK did declare war on Finland in 1941, I don't think there was any direct conflict.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Mika,

What a superb photograph - excellent composition and use of light... Bravo!

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do". - Milan Kundera.

"Your validity or worth are not defined or determined by the views of others with their own superimposed agendas". - Pharos (on AoS)

My system:

Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU/Williams Audio NAS linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

I'm martin.

Loving your photos but the mileages mentioned on the bike made my rear ache thinking about it(mileages/kilometreages don't seem right). Got some more pics?
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm Jason.

Great pics mika, I like those bikes too..

Jason

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast