+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Random bike shots from the north..

I'm Mika.

Wednesday cross madness again. These are from last week as yesterday had to stay at the office for late telco and missed the action..

Have been more or less having a flue for the past week or so. The arrival of the new wheels didn't help much, naturally had to install those right away and then the bike shouted my name at the hallway for few days

Today finally decided that have recovered. Mainly as my CX bike with its new wheels have been screaming to me at the entrance hall and Mrs.Mrok is leaving to Sweden to some Roller Derby camp for the weekend -> needed to get out after one week of lowlife that can handle the becoming weekend with the kids..

The new wheels and tires wheel awesome at the autumn trails and singletrack. Despite being almost 1kg lighter than the original ones they held up true during the rooty and rocky technical spots.
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm andy.

Some serious looking athlete's there Mika, must be some really good cross country tracks in your part of the woods,
    it'd be great to do some of those 1000 Lakes Rally routes if you don't meet up with a car drifting round a bend at 80mph.

Although i am building a cross bike, i am not up on that discipline at all, what are those wheels and tires?,
    they look like they've got great mud shedding qualities.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Mika.

The rims are ZTR Crests with DT 240s hubs and tires are Challenge Tires Limus 33's. Using those still with inner tube but have planned to make the set tubeless someday..
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm Mika.

Long long time without updates. Yes I still ride my bikes despite of the autumn/winter season. Below just some nice pics for you to check out..

The autumn kid alleycats to celebrate the newcomer for Mr.Vs family..

My crossbike during one 147km ride at the gravel roads near Oulu last month..

Oulu open CX cup races..

The dark fixed gear CX event..

Some common whatever riding and commuting..

It's already winter here with some snow but I'll keep on riding. Just need to do some updates more often, bear with me..
    Last edited by Mika K; 22-11-2013 at 07:57. Reason: Uups :D

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by Mika K View Post
    bare with me..
    Rather not, if its OK with you

I'm Mika.

Ha, nice typo there. Perhaps better to fix that..

I'm Jayson.

Some cracking photos on this thread! Hope you all appreciate a bit of steel!

My pride and joy Gazelle Champion Mondial AA Super 1989 - Reynolds 531C. Very short wheel base! Just finished lacing the wheels, mavic open sports to exage hubs using DT Swiss Competition. Various 600 tricolour parts along with exage and campag

My mates custom 531 frame, shimano 600, 3ttt

My GFs Raliegh Romana - Record brakes, shimano LX crankset - a work in progress

My GFs Puch Elegance - pretty much original, has some lovely chrome/green mudguards currently in storage

Wes Mason - custom built 531 special lightweight tubing - My currently project, probably record/super rec period build

Apologies for the noise in the photos - phone can't do these frames justice!

Enjoy
    Last edited by Lace'd Taste; 23-11-2013 at 15:20.

I'm andy.

Lovely Jayson, you must be a 6 footer, those frames look like 25 inches at least,
    that Gazelle is vintage class with 531 competition tubing,that rear geometry looks really tight,
    you can't put a cigarette paper in there,should call for a fast,responsive get up and go character,
    your winter hack bike is not too shabby either, love your GF's mixte Raleigh and that Green Puch is just braw,
    brings back memories to the 70's when Puch were big and i was a biking laddie, lovely lug work on that Wes, almost as good as a classic Mercian,
    i really do have bike love me and must put a pic of my just finished Surly Crosscheck on, maybe a shot of my 93 vintage Airborne Titanium MTB,
    thanks for posting.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Jayson.

Cheers Andy. 6 foot?! My misses wishes i was 6 foot! Nah i think the bike level angle of the photos may be a little misleading, perhaps a bit of distortion from the lens because they were taken up close. The Gazelle is 55 square so not big at all. Yeh get the vintage MTB up, love to see it!

I'm andy.

Think i'll go to specsavers Jayson, sure them frames look like gates compared to what i ride with my short 29' inch inside legs,
    but saying that, if you say your Gazelle is 55 square, that equates to 21'inches and that sure don't look a 21 inch frame to me,
    however, just enjoy the pics thats all i say, thanks.
    Frank...made me do it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast