+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Random bike shots from the north..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Mika.

Default Random bike shots from the north..

Take quite a few pics of my interests and think that bicycles are the top contender when talking about the amounts. Have also received some enquiries of my interest of taking photos, so decided to kick up small thread based to these random bike shots Most are taken with my Canon 40D body with battery handle with vertical controls using either Canon 50/1.8, Sigma 30/1.4 or Zeiss Sonnar 135/3.5 lenses. Enjoy!

Today did two and half hour ride with my Steamroller and on my way home visited the local rink to watch singlespeeders/fixed gear riders playing some bike polo.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Whassat? Looks like bike Polo?
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Rick.

Is the gent in the first shot from ZZ Top??
    Rick.

Kenwood KD-650 w/ Denon DL-103 (wood body, Soundsmith elliptical retip), Lite Audio DAC-83 & LT-1 Transport, Luxman M-05 Pure Class 'A' Amplifier, Luxman C-05 preamplifier, Yamaha NS-1000M (beautifully refinished and upgraded) on custom made wood stands.

I once met a woman who would put up with me...so I married her!

I'm Mika.

You never know

Visited India for 9 days during the past weeks and came back home on Sunday. Immediately on Monday just had to get out, so despite of the rain and wind did a small evening ride with Steamroller..

Wednesday run out of work bit earlier than usual and after light dinner did a 100+km ride with my Gianni Motta Ti road bike. Quite nice weather have to say - starting to feel like summer already. Have planned to do similar longer ride during the weekend. Perhaps some more pics coming then..

I'm Mika.

Yesterday loaned this Christiania Bikes 2-wheeler cargobike with seat and belts from a friend as they were going to visit their summer cabin at eastern Finland. Interesting thingie to ride and use this one have to say

Today covered 41km with that with our kids visiting few parks to play a little and having a picnic etc. Ride time was more than 3 hours in total, so speed is not the most important thing here but not bad day job at all even did not have possibility to go for a longer spin with my road bike. Perhaps tomorrow will have some time for that..

I'm Steve.

Interesting pictures, thanks Mika. the bike polo looks like fun - I notice the bikes have only front brakes too. I must get out on my bike.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm Mika.

The bikes used at polo are usually fixed gear ones. That is the reason for front break only.

I'm Mika.

Visited my hometown during the midsummer weekend. For the longest and lightest day, the solstice, left the kids to grandparents loving care and did a 7h bike ride at the city and its surroundings.

During the ride checked out the local alleycat races, had a few beers with friends and did a nice night ride back to the summer house via the Crimean War monument and one nice beach..

I'm Mika.

Nor perfectly aligned but here is my Gianni Motta leaning to the back wall of the Oulu city theatre. Quite nice and simple building actually eventhou the front has bit too much glass to my likening..

I'm Steve.

Nice pic Mika.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast