+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Random bike shots from the north..

I'm Mika.

Thanks!

For the mileage it seems that I'm not reaching my personal target to ride more than 1000km every month during the whole summer season from May to September - or then I have to really step up for the last five weeks or so. Have only approx 3300km and should have closer to 4k already..

Alas, did I hear someone mentioning more pics?

The granite ball of Oulu Univ.

Singletrack heaven

The kids in a box

Deserted Nallikari beach

I'm Mika.

And then of course there is the local small bikepolo tournament for fixed/ss riders from last Saturday..

I'm andy.

Mika,

Love everything about your biking pictures, apart from the lovely pics, it's the whole lifestyle thing,
    i envy you living in a beautiful country and so little cars and peoples attitude towards cyclist is probably loads better than my city,
    add to that the increasing incidences of drug driving, and too many near misses and aggro with drivers for my liking,
    i am gravitating more to off road now, so much so i am selling my beloved road bike.

Interested to know what do you use for singletrack work?, one thing i miss about my road bike is the liveliness and speed of a good racer.

p.s. surprised to see spd and straps for your polo sessions, i would've thought broken collar bones if you fall with your legs strapped in.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Mika.

Yes I don't actually know am I loving more the bikes as items, the riding experience, or the whole lifestyle and culture around those two wheeled thingies. Nevertheless this has been like this more than 20 years or so after bought my first "real" bike with the money received from my part time summer job, so I guess I'm beyond salvation..

For the singletrack I'm mostly addicted to singlespeed 29ers but currently my main ride has gears (Trek Sawyer 2012) as had a knee injury few years back and extensive hard pedaling with more power & torgue still reminds me of that. I think for leisure riding the 29ers are the way to go as they roll bit easier over obstacles and momentum makes the riding bit more fluid than with kiddy wheels even when it's more technical terrain.

By the way here is pic my new road bike I received today. It was meant to be a temporary solution as long can order custom hi-tech steel frame with my dimensions and requirements but after two hour building the bike and three hour ride I'm not so sure about that anymore

It's Canyon Ultimate AL frame size 60cm. Groupset is Campagnolon Athena, wheels Campagnolon Zondat with Tufo tyres and saddle Brooks B17, naturally. Still some fine tuning needed but it's close..

I'm andy.

Mika,

Lovely bike as all are that are in your possession, how do you adjust to an all Aluminium bike coming from a Ti?,
    bet you feel every ripple and bump through your chassis, think the most time consuming is fine tuning your Swift or B17 through the heat of your derriere,
    but once broken in nothing better in the world.

I've got a suggestion for you, why not take a long ride to chase some shots of the Aurora Borealis and put the pics on here,
    that would be cool and break in your saddle at the same time.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Mika.

The frame feels stiffer but surprisingly not that bad as anticipated. Perhaps that is because of the new carbon-basalt forks and seatpost. Atleast the critics have praised those highly and so far I think those work ok.

All the Brooks saddles I have is already broken in, not an easy task but made it for each but perhaps I can still chase the aurora when the season starts. However for those winter rides I mainly use my 29er thou..

I'm Mika.

Last week Friday rode 223km with my road bike. The ride time was 9h 5mins with average speed of 25km/h. Total time with the breaks was 11h 20mins. Unfortunately this time travelled as light as possible so no pics available

However last week changed cx tires to my Steamroller and have been doing few nice rides with it at the local trails and parks. Feel the air. See the falling leaves from the trees and look at the sky. Autumn and cx season - it's on.

Today evening did a small night ride with my friend and tattoo artist Mr.P. He is actually a huge LP lover also I was riding with the gentlemen ride Pelago and he had his lovely cruiser. Had such a nice two hour with him that decided to continue these as riding in teh dark with the headlights just feels so ..different..

I'm Harry.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346965792.935176.jpg

Crap pic compared to your lovely images but it's my pride and joy. Well, one of them.

I'm Harry.

I'm Harry.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347000731.363034.jpg

This one's fast. Even with me on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast