+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Naim Nait 5i - any good?

I'm Martin.

Default Naim Nait 5i - any good?

Hi all,

Anyone got anything to say about the Naim Nait 5i integrated amp?

Is it a good thing?

Cheers,

Martin
    Martin

Source: Sonos CONNECT DAC: Rega DAC Amp: Rega Brio-R Speakers: Neat Motive 2.

My system photos

I'm Dave.

Very good.

Can't you plug it in and hear for yourself ?

I'm stu.

I preferred the 5.
    Not sure how it would sound with MA speakers though.
    301/Puresound 2A3/quite large Grf cab horny ones.Eminence/Coral/Le cleach

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Very good.

Can't you plug it in and hear for yourself ?
    Hi Dave,

No, I'm putting together a short list of amps to try in my system.

Unfortunately, my local naim dealer, PJ in Guildford doesn't offer home demos, so it's all a bit of a shot in the dark.

They recommend the nait or exposure 1010 or 2010 and can dem them in the shop, but not at home...

Maybe I need to travel further afield to find another dealer or is this common?

Martin
    Martin

My system photos

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    I preferred the 5.
    Not sure how it would sound with MA speakers though.
    I have some Neat Motive 2s on their way and the consensus seems to be that the nait is the perfect match for these speakers. The MAs are going on eBay next week

Martin
    Martin

My system photos

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinh View Post
    I have some Neat Motive 2s on their way and the consensus seems to be that the nait is the perfect match for these speakers. The MAs are going on eBay next week

Martin
    The Exposure 2010S is a far better amp than the Naim Nait 5i & will also be a great match.

It has all the pace and drive of the Nait but with much more naturalness & superior imaging. It's a fun and musical amp, sweet and rocking at the same time, and great with all types of music.

EDIT: just found this: http://www.sonicflare.com/archives/h...e-the-cake.php

and this: http://www.bluebirdmusic.com/ultimate_budget.htm
    Last edited by Yomanze; 15-05-2012 at 22:02.

I'm stu.

Martin
    Yes i used naim and exposure with neat.
    Both worked very well.
    301/Puresound 2A3/quite large Grf cab horny ones.Eminence/Coral/Le cleach

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    The Exposure 2010S is a far better amp than the Naim Nait 5i & will also be a great match.

It has all the pace and drive of the Nait but with much more naturalness. It's a fun and musical amp.
    I heard the Neats with the exposure 1010 and it sounded fabulous.

What's the difference between the 2010s2 and the series 1. The series 1 units go for a song on eBay - around £250 and the series 2 for about twice that.

Cheers, Martin
    Martin

My system photos

I'm Neil.

I heard the Neats with the exposure 1010 and it sounded fabulous.

What's the difference between the 2010s2 and the series 1. The series 1 units go for a song on eBay - around £250 and the series 2 for about twice that.

Cheers, Martin
    I haven't heard the 1010, but they look to be a budget version with less power. I would definitely go for the 2010 series...

The difference between the 2010 and 2010S is an extra 25W power. The S2 version has relay-based switching instead of a rotary switch, which will likely give a touch more tranparency.

I'm tony.

Martin,
    I had one for a couple of years and traded it about a year ago. It never lived up to my expectations sonically, I found it overly bright and very flat imaging wise. I tried numerous cables and configurations to try to get it to work but got converted to t amps.
    I couldn't fault it for driving hard without getting flustered, it looked fabulous and was built like a bank vault, I was over the moon at having finally owned some top notch hi-fi BUT in the end it wasn't very enjoyable to listen to. I kept blaming recordings as being the problem....it couldn't be the amp!
    Musically the mini t/ temple audio bantum original/gold and mono blocks will provide a vastly more enjoyable experience.
    One of our members GAZJAM gave it a whirl in his set up against his bantum gold
    he wrote up an excellent review of the comparison, the bantum came out ahead.
    I haven't mentioned price. You could do a lot worse than trying a mini t....you will be surprised.
    Regards Tony.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast