+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Down the Allotment - May 2012

I'm Rich.

Default Down the Allotment - May 2012

Hi all,

As I've got a few mins downtime at work, thought I'd show a few shots of my allotment taken between a break in the rain at the weekend. (with apologies for the rubbish shots, they were taken with a blackberry, the non edible kind) When I'm not sitting in front of the hifi this is where I choose to be.

The first one here shows the bed with shallots, red onions, brown onions and garlic, the strawberry bed, frames for growing peas and sugar snaps and a couple of beds I've not planted anything in yet. To the left of the pic is the large potato patch and the raised salad bed, not much to see here yet!

Heres a shot of the shed, greenhouse and my dear old mum helping on a good day for her bad back! In the greenhouse I've got 4 varieties of tomato and 5 or six varieties of chilli peppers all coming along nicely. Also got a few bedding plants in there to brighten the place up but its been too cold for planting out so far.

Looking down the garden (again featuring Mum), directly to the right is the potato patch, 4 varieties planted including Arran Pilot, Maris Peer, Desree and some salad type, charlottes i think. To the left in the 3 beds are cauliflower, swede and brocolli, courgettes and broad beans, and some pea frames. To the far left of the picture are some fruit bushes, blackcurrant, redcurrant, white currant and gooseberries as well as some rhubarb. To the other side I have raspberries and tayberries and a new strawberry patch which wont do anything this year but should yield fruit next year. also in the borders are the usual herbs, parsley rosemary, thyme and chives.

Finally a rather bad self potrtait of the gardener himself

Keep your spades sharp guys and here's hoping for a nice summer
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Rob.

I'm sure I have seen a similar face on Crimewatch
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Was that the infamous washing line raider?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Rob.

Yes...sniff sniff....I think it was!
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm OneOfTheSevenModsWhoToldMarcoNotToLiftHarry'sBan.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    Hi all,

thought I'd show a few shots of my allotment

Keep your spades sharp guys and here's hoping for a nice summer

Nice one Richard, looks great.

I've got a garden but the only thing I can grow are weeds.
    ATB

David

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by snapper View Post
    Nice one Richard, looks great.

I've got a garden but the only thing I can grow are weeds.
    Can't you go to jail for that

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    I'm sure I have seen a similar face on Crimewatch
    I'm normally a smart shirt and pants kind of guy but when down the allotment it helps to look like a proper charver!

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Nice setup for growing all or a lot of your own food Richard

Like David my garden is full of useless things, before a mate cut all the brambles back I was at least getting loads of blackberries Wish I could do something about it, but like your mum my back is also pretty buggered

I have enough garden to keep myself in food with loads left over, damn shame but that's the way it is.

I might chuck a few chilli peppers etc into pots next year, gotta do something productive at the end of the day
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Dave.

Respect Richard, that's a serious allotment. Makes my 10 x 13 ft look a bit lame..

I'm OneOfTheSevenModsWhoToldMarcoNotToLiftHarry'sBan.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    Can't you go to jail for that
    Aye, if only it was that kind of 'weed'.

ATB

David

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast