+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted - Neat Accoustics compact floorstanders.

I'm Bob.

Yes - Zero 7 have a great vibe IMO (except Yeah Ghost!). And Hissing of the Summer Lawns! Jeez. That really takes me back - a mate had that when it was first released and played it to death. Funny, actually, because I was idly browsing eBay yesterday, as you do, for some Joni Mitchell albums on vinyl and almost clicked a BIN on Hissing...

I've just got three near mint Judie Tzuke LPs for 99p each (excl p&p of course) so I'm dead chuffed with them. In the end, all the kit in the world is nothing without the music!

Anyhow - enjoy your new speakers

Cheers,
    Bob

I'm Dan.

I have the Zero 7 albums Martin and they sound fantastic on the Neats

Superb bass depth but its taut and the vocals are just fantastic!

Really hope you enjoy the Neats
    My Office : M2 Mac Mini Pro > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via Apple Music > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > Arcam Alpha 10 integrated > B&W 602 S3s or AE109 speakers - Van Damme cables

I'm Martin.

Thanks Dan - are you shopping for new hi-fi yet?

Never listened to any Judie Tzuke, will give it a go later.

Martin
    Martin

Source: Sonos CONNECT DAC: Rega DAC Amp: Rega Brio-R Speakers: Neat Motive 2.

My system photos

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinh View Post
    Thanks Dan - are you shopping for new hi-fi yet?

Never listened to any Judie Tzuke, will give it a go later.

Martin
    I'm window shopping currently to get myself a short list of active/powered speakers to demo.

Not got a lot of time this week and next so it'll be a while yet until I get sorted

I'll miss my system but looking forward to less clutter!
    My Office : M2 Mac Mini Pro > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via Apple Music > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > Arcam Alpha 10 integrated > B&W 602 S3s or AE109 speakers - Van Damme cables

I'm Osvaldo.

Hi Martin,

I managed to order a pair of motive 2 in white. IŽll post impressions once I receive them.
    Are you going to partner yours with your Marantz PM6004 ?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by osvaldo View Post
    Hi Martin,

I managed to order a pair of motive 2 in white. IŽll post impressions once I receive them.
    Are you going to partner yours with your Marantz PM6004 ?
    Hi Osvaldo,

I'm glad to hear that you have ordered a pair. Are they new or used?

I received mine only 2 days ago and I'm pleased so far.

The sonic presentation is totally different to my old Monitor Audio BX5s. They have a much more even balance and are less forward sounding. A more "grown up" sound. Also, they take up much less space, which is a bonus.

As to the amplifier, i think that within a month or so, I will be upgrading. The consensus seems to be either Naim or Exposure as a good match. My local Neat dealer reckoned that the Nait XS was the best match, but wouldn't recommend anything more than that. Looks like you have the perfect setup

I'll be interested to hear how you get on, so please report back.

Martin
    Martin

My system photos

I'm Osvaldo.

Hi Osvaldo,

I'm glad to hear that you have ordered a pair. Are they new or used?

I received mine only 2 days ago and I'm pleased so far.

The sonic presentation is totally different to my old Monitor Audio BX5s. They have a much more even balance and are less forward sounding. A more "grown up" sound. Also, they take up much less space, which is a bonus.

As to the amplifier, i think that within a month or so, I will be upgrading. The consensus seems to be either Naim or Exposure as a good match. My local Neat dealer reckoned that the Nait XS was the best match, but wouldn't recommend anything more than that. Looks like you have the perfect setup

I'll be interested to hear how you get on, so please report back.

Martin
    Hi Martin,

They're used. I still have a long wait before I receive them. Estimate day 29/5. I'm also very interested in hearing how it will sound because been reading a lot of recommendations regarding Motive2/NaitXS...

Now i'm working out on finding some meters of NACA5 speaker cable, used and going for a good price. Suggestions say 3,5m minimum and 5m excellent.

I will be replacing my B&W683 floor-standers and the smaller size gain will also be a plus for me. Also, I have the feeling that my NaitXS is not on par with the 683's. I think they're quite a heavy load and very sensitive at 90db.

Will definitely post impressions to you.

I'm Martin.

Hi Osvaldo,

Waiting is the hardest part...

I started off with my motives quite close to the wall and although it was good, moving them forwards and sideways by around 300mm made a huge difference to the sound.

Bass is lighter (less boom) but allows the mid and treble to be heard better. This results in a much better listening experience for me. Also the sound in the adjoining rooms (we have open plan) is much better too.

I'm really enjoying mine and makes me wonder if I really need to change my amplifier, which is a good thing!

Just listening to radio now and my foot is tapping...
    Martin

My system photos

I'm Osvaldo.

Hi Osvaldo,

Waiting is the hardest part...

I started off with my motives quite close to the wall and although it was good, moving them forwards and sideways by around 300mm made a huge difference to the sound.

Bass is lighter (less boom) but allows the mid and treble to be heard better. This results in a much better listening experience for me. Also the sound in the adjoining rooms (we have open plan) is much better too.

I'm really enjoying mine and makes me wonder if I really need to change my amplifier, which is a good thing!

Just listening to radio now and my foot is tapping...
    Excelent! I will also try positioning with some half meter from the wall (which I currently do with the 683's and also enjoy)... I have a SVS SB12-NSD subwoofer which I intent to keep in use, so less bass from the motives should be no issue.

Foot tapping is a very good sign

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12