+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ICE v Tripath

I'm Neil.

Default Valve Amplifier measurements

Quote Originally Posted by aquapiranha View Post
    Hi Dave,

I do not doubt for a second that Martin did a thorough review including extended listening. I have not had time to read the entire article though I will try to today. Let's face it though, there are many things in this business that do not measure well (most valve amps being one!) yet they bring musical enjoyment to many!

I will have a read, thanks dave.
    Hi Aquapiranha

Sorry but it is a myth that valve amps can't measure well. It is true that some don't as also some Soild State also do not. Martin Collums is not the only one out there saying hold up a minute, lets have a look at this. However if you like Class D in your system thats great, just as many like valve amp sound or even traditional Solid state sound. There is a growing feeling that Class D despite the advantages given, may just be very poor in its implementation.

Purely on sound I would not be quite as black and white as Dave Cawley has been, but so far, bar the Chapter audio Kit I really have to say I don't like Class D(in the context of my System and elsewhere), however I will keep an open mind about it. When I hear it sound fully good, through out the frequencies. At present something is wrong IMHO, and we are not yet hearing the best from this concept. Time will tell.

Regards D S D L---- Neil
    Regards Neil

I'm Steve.

Niel, you are preaching to the converted! I know valve amps are fab, I have had a couple and still have one. I meant relatively. I would just like to try a few other things before I can fully make my mind up yet.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234