+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tellurium Blue Speaker Cable

MartinT Guest

It could be similar to the difference between Green and Ultra Black further up the product chain. See my review elsewhere for the comparison.

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Just wondering here...

What is the difference between the black and the blue... really and honestly?
    Joe, my own experience with both the Black and the Blue is not really that straightforward.

I had the Blue first and it really was one of those *WOW* moments the moment that I plugged them in. Bass grip and control was phenomenal to say the least and the bass and midrange were really sweet, but having said that the upper treble wasn't all that extended or with definition. It wasn't rolled off at all but things like ambience cues could have been better portrayed.

Moving on to the Blacks and straight out of the packet they did not impress me at all. That vice-like bass cohesion I had with the Blues wasn't there, the midrange was pretty shrill and the treble was a tad indistinct. Bugger. So, being the optimist that I am I ran them waiting to see if a period of usage brought them to life. After 35 or so hours now (been busy decorating for any serious listening hours) they are beginning to sound much better. Midrange is natural and liquid, treble is well extended and listening to live albums is a true joy with the audience not sounding like bacon frying in a pan, but each individual clear and distinct as though you really are surrounded by people and not just noise - rather scary really. The bass still hasn't matched what the Blues did but I am hopeful that another 35 hours will garner some major improvement there.

I'm Steve.

I found that the blues need to be burnt in as i found the bass to be lacking to begin with. But i found the mid range and the treble to be better straight away, from what i can make out it really depends on your system. After running them on for a while i can safely say that the blues are fantastic and have given my system a nice upgrade for around £100.00.

The blacks however i found to make an instant difference on my brothers system and he had amazing cable in there before hand, the detail is there (even more so than the blue which is quite hard to believe).

In short if your not looking to spend a fortune then the blue is for you and you will not be disappointed!
    Amplifier:
    Sony DA-2400ES
    Sources:
    Technics SL-PG490 CD Player
    Pioneer N-50 - Network Streamer
    Sony MDS-JB940 Mini Disc Player
    Sony BDP-S360 BLU RAY
    SKY HD 1tb Box
    Speakers:
    Paradigm Monitor 7 Monitors
    Paradigm Centre
    Mordaunt Short Rears
    Cables:
    Tellurium Blue speaker cables with bridges
    and terminated with Z plugs
    Black Rhodium twist.

I'm Josie.

thanks guys for clearing that up...
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm fuckoff.

If you can find someone that will let you demo both you should give them both a shot to make your own mind up; the only thing I'd consider changing mine for now would be graphites, but that's years away.
    Last edited by realysm42; 13-05-2012 at 15:45.

I'm Steve.

It's decided i am keeping these as they sound to good to go back, cannot go wrong for the money.
    Amplifier:
    Sony DA-2400ES
    Sources:
    Sony BDP-S360 BLU RAY
    SKY HD 1tb Box
    Speakers:
    Paradigm Centre
    Mordaunt Short Rears
    Cables:
    Tellurium Blue speaker cables with bridges
    and terminated with Z plugs
    Black Rhodium twist.

I'm Craig.

Take a peep in classifieds as I'm selling my TQ Blue to sponsor some Black!

I'm Steve.

Thanks for that.
    Amplifier:
    Sony DA-2400ES
    Sources:
    Sony BDP-S360 BLU RAY
    SKY HD 1tb Box
    Speakers: