+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For sale: Kenwood DP-x9010 CD transport

I'm Rockabilly.

Default For sale: Kenwood DP-x9010 CD transport

To fund upgrades, my Kenwood DP-x9010 transport is for private sale.

The 9010 is like an aircraft carrier when compared to the flotilla of most CD players. It has a cult following and I've enjoyed it very much. I've been feeding a Rega DAC and a Caiman from the Kenwood. It delivers weight, scale and is particularly impressive at authoritative yet 'tuneful' bass. It rolls-off at higher frequencies, compared to my Meridian 200, and so may suit a bright system or those that prefer such a response.

Here's Lampizator's opinion:
    http://lampizator.eu/LAMPIZATOR/REFERENCES/KENWOOD%209010X/Kenwood%209010x%20transport.html

The build quality is quite arousing. This unit is in full working order, from a smoke and pet free home.

I've photographed the two areas in which cosmetic condition is not first class. The previous owner has written his postcode in a security ink on the right side of the front fascia above the buttons (which are backlit and thus cool). It is visible under certain lighting conditions. There is a also a scratch on the rear panel near the output sockets.

Included in the sale is the original remote handset (with new batteries) and the original manual, and both are in very good nick.

The price is £265, to be paid via PayPal gift. Thanks.

I've secured the laser mech with the original, single transport screw and boxed the player with care. I will ship using an insured (against loss), trackable, next working day service for an additional £15. The package has a mass of about 12kg.

Alternatively, you are welcome to collect in person during office hours from Cardiff or arrange your own courier pick-up.
    I do have the Kenwood advertised elsewhere.

Dimensions -
    Width: 440mm, Depth: 361mm, Height: 132mm, Mass: 10kg

Glamour shots:

Last edited by camtwister; 06-05-2012 at 17:56.
    Johnny Dodgem.

Cartridges vintage MMs including Pickering xsv-4000/xsv-3000 : Stanton 881s/D81 : AT140LC/VMN40ML
    Spinners hot rod 1210 (Jelco 750D, Origami, Ammonite, Longdog, Vantage, Achromats) : Pye G63 & Garrard AT6 : Two full custom Lencos : Kenwood KD-650D
    Streaming Qobuz : BluOS & Node2 (Fidelity Audio modified) : RME ADI-2 DAC
    Pre-amps Tron Seven (GT modified) : Conrad Johnson EV1 : Croft Micro 25 : Decware ZStage
    Power Amps PrimaLuna ProLogue 5 (KT120) : PrimaLuna ProLogue 4 (KT77)
    Speakers The Edingdale : Meadowlark Hot Rod Shearwater

I'm Rockabilly.

The sun's shining here in South Wales for the first time in eight months and so I'm disposed to offer fellow AoS members a discount.
    Price reduced to £200, plus the postage and insurance.

To put the qualities of this unit into context, I compared it to a TEAC VRDS 7 & 10.
    In my opinion, the build quality and audio performance of the Kenwood was superior, hence my purchase.
    Last edited by camtwister; 21-05-2012 at 19:48.
    Johnny Dodgem.

Cartridges vintage MMs including Pickering xsv-4000/xsv-3000 : Stanton 881s/D81 : AT140LC/VMN40ML
    Spinners hot rod 1210 (Jelco 750D, Origami, Ammonite, Longdog, Vantage, Achromats) : Pye G63 & Garrard AT6 : Two full custom Lencos : Kenwood KD-650D
    Pre-amps Tron Seven (GT modified) : Conrad Johnson EV1 : Croft Micro 25 : Decware ZStage

I'm Lucky.

I have one of these and it is a total joy to use. What do you get at today's prices for £200? Not a lot. You could have a power supply for your Squeezebox touch or this beauty..... No brainer isnt it?
    The Man with the suit and the pace. Knee deep in the dead.

I'm Rockabilly.

I'm pleased to announce that, pending payment, the Kenwood is sold to an AoS member.
    Johnny Dodgem.

+ Reply to Thread