+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite drum solo?

I'm john.

I dontlike solos too long...some live albums are ruined by drum solo's....some of the Led Zepp boots I have John Bonahm batters away for 30 minutes.
    John.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
    I dontlike solos too long...some live albums are ruined by drum solo's....some of the Led Zepp boots I have John Bonahm batters away for 30 minutes.
    Agreed. Couple of minutes is fine.
    Although I do listen to Ginger on Wheels of Fire every now and again - but nowhere near as much as Crossroads and Spoonful on the other side !
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mike.

Default If you like drums and drumming

one of the best drummers in the world ever

If you have the remotest interest in drumming you need this
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    one of the best drummers in the world ever

If you have the remotest interest in drumming you need this
    I may need it but can I access it? I don't have and have no interest in having Spotify!! I'll have a look on YouTube.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    I may need it but can I access it? I don't have and have no interest in having Spotify!! I'll have a look on YouTube.
    Trust me you will love it
    Not on Amazon uk or com to sample, nor AllMusic
    Tracklist here http://www.allmusic.com/album/millio...s-mw0000480984

Mike

I'm Steven.

The best drummer in the world? Probably not, but Carter Beauford sure can make drumming look so easy when he performs with the Dave Matthews Band. His trade mark, the chewing gum, however is a little over the top if you ask me. There are probably better vids of "Two Step" on YT but this is the first hit on YT. I am not a drummer but the sense of rythm this guy and other top drummers have truely amazes me. I once followed a percission course but when other instrument start to join it is virtualy impossible for the untrained to keep your track.

Musicians in general amaze me for that matter when I see bands like DMB.
    Yamaha - Pioneer - Bluesound - Squeezebox - Beresford - Chario - MJ Acoustics - iBasso

Yamaha RX-V1300 * Bluesound Node 2 * Pioneer DV-656A SACD/DVDA * Squeezebox Touch + BotW linear psu + SBooster * Bushmaster Mk2 + Beresford Dorado * Beresford Capella * Chario Syntar 200T (front) + Chario Syntar 200 (rear) + Chario Syntar Dialoque (center) * MJ Acoustics Pro50 (sub) * LG OLED 55C8 * iBasso D2+ * beyerdynamic DT990/250 * Belkin AV 53001 speaker cables * Mark Grant G1000HD ic * Silver High Breed ic * Mike Homar WBT'ed digital coax * Beresford TRC-222 digital coax * Supra USB * Beresford TC 3618 toslink

Steven

I'm ILOB.

Simon Philips playing with 2 great jazz players
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Nigel.

One of the best live rock drummers that I have seen is Ian Paice of Purple fame, Billy Cobham is my favourite jazz drummer.

Nigel

I'm Hal.

Not really my cup of tea at all, but I love the Cadbury Gorilla:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP8E6ouSiC0

Hal55

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Fi-Wi View Post
    The best drummer in the world? Probably not, but Carter Beauford sure can make drumming look so easy when he performs with the Dave Matthews Band. His trade mark, the chewing gum, however is a little over the top if you ask me. There are probably better vids of "Two Step" on YT but this is the first hit on YT. I am not a drummer but the sense of rythm this guy and other top drummers have truely amazes me. I once followed a percission course but when other instrument start to join it is virtualy impossible for the untrained to keep your track.

Musicians in general amaze me for that matter when I see bands like DMB.
    Nice !
    I like it as he is actually lead instrument rather than totally solo. THe other guys add a lot just plonking away

And you have made me investigate Dave Matthews, sounds right up my street
    Last edited by MikeMusic; 15-08-2013 at 10:10. Reason: Investigate

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast