+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Donkey Out For A Drive To Whitby Last Nite

I'm Andy.

Default A Donkey Out For A Drive To Whitby Last Nite

Hi Guys

Was a touch bored last nite so took the dogs out to Whitby for a pint and Fish and Chips.
    I was driving so only had a Non-Alcoholic beverage, Faye and Cookie had the Beer, and Fish and Chips after.
    Last photo is the morning after. Titled 'Sod The Walk We've got a bad head'

Andy - SDDW
    Last edited by Sand Dancin Donkey Walker; 04-05-2012 at 12:07.
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

I'm Rick.

Those are some awesome pics. I've on numerous occasions suggested to my Irish/Scottish wife that we consider a move to the UK opon retirement...these pics may help.

But in the past when I suggested this she would first punch me, and then go have a few shots of whiskey!!!

Go figure.
    Rick.

Kenwood KD-650 w/ Denon DL-103 (wood body, Soundsmith elliptical retip), Lite Audio DAC-83 & LT-1 Transport, Luxman M-05 Pure Class 'A' Amplifier, Luxman C-05 preamplifier, Yamaha NS-1000M (beautifully refinished and upgraded) on custom made wood stands.

I once met a woman who would put up with me...so I married her!

I'm Andy.

Hi Rick

To be honest I do tend to slag off the area.
    But in reallity it is a great place to live.
    Whitby is only 20 miles away, and quite an important attraction for the area.
    Famous for Cpt Cook and Dracular, the big Goth festivals are amazing. Not forgetting me too.
    Not many of us 'Sand Dancing Donkeys' about now.
    North Yorkshire Moors, York City, and Yorkshire Dales and not forgetting the Lake District. All an easy drive away.

Andy - SDDW

I'm Mark.

The third picture is my favourite, beautiful

Not been to Whitby for ages... must make the effort one weekend before it gets too touristy in the summer.

I'm Shaun.

The first image reminds me of the port of Mahon on the island of Menorca whilst I was there many years ago as it was fabulous seen by night. I have to admit that I too have a tendency to slag off the area I now live which is totally unfair as I would rather be here than a large and horrible town/city. I have York just 26 miles away, the North York Moors just up the road, the Yorkshire Dales an hour away and Whitby around 20 miles away. My life is now so different to how it used to be so why do I still say bad things and get very grumpy...?

I'm Rick.

The spot you're looking on from in the first photo...I imagine I could stand there all evening!
    Rick.

Kenwood KD-650 w/ Denon DL-103 (wood body, Soundsmith elliptical retip), Lite Audio DAC-83 & LT-1 Transport, Luxman M-05 Pure Class 'A' Amplifier, Luxman C-05 preamplifier, Yamaha NS-1000M (beautifully refinished and upgraded) on custom made wood stands.

I once met a woman who would put up with me...so I married her!

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by audio39 View Post
    The spot you're looking on from in the first photo...I imagine I could stand there all evening!
    A very good spot indeed.
    It is close to the Harbour Masters Office and is one of the main car parks for the town, very close to the train station.
    The larger boat in the forground is the HM Fisheries boat.
    I did sit in the car for quite a while watching the view, at that time of the evening the town is very quiet, a nice change from the hectic day time crowds.

Andy - SDDW

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    The first image reminds me of the port of Mahon on the island of Menorca whilst I was there many years ago as it was fabulous seen by night.
    Reminded me of Port Pollensa in Majorca in the winter on my Birthday one February, I can almost smell the atmosphere just thinking about it....

The picture that I thought of when I saw Andy's pictures above:

Strange how night time shots of boats remind people of holidays, probably because that's the only time most people walk around harbours at night.

I have to admit that I too have a tendency to slag off the area I now live which is totally unfair as I would rather be here than a large and horrible town/city. I have York just 26 miles away, the North York Moors just up the road, the Yorkshire Dales an hour away and Whitby around 20 miles away. My life is now so different to how it used to be so why do I still say bad things and get very grumpy...?
    I think a lot of people do the same, they don't realise what they have around them, me included.

Step outside and look around, the graphics are amazing.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    The first image reminds me of the port of Mahon on the island of Menorca whilst I was there many years ago as it was fabulous seen by night. I have to admit that I too have a tendency to slag off the area I now live which is totally unfair as I would rather be here than a large and horrible town/city. I have York just 26 miles away, the North York Moors just up the road, the Yorkshire Dales an hour away and Whitby around 20 miles away. My life is now so different to how it used to be so why do I still say bad things and get very grumpy...?
    Hi Shaun

If you are still in Pickering area, that is a lovely place to live.
    Quite envious actually.
    I might be over your way sometime next week too.

Andy

I'm Claire.

Did you use a tripod? great photo's, nice and crisp exposure and no camera wobble.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast