+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: anthonyTD's system pics

I'm Neil.

Default Fair Point

Fair point Marco, but I was just sharing with you why I said what I did, and the system I came to these conclusions with. Just so you might understand ?

Regards D S D L----- Neil

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yes that's absolutely fine, Neil

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

thanks for all your commens guys, i was a bit aprehensive to be honest, thus the reason i have held back from putting my system on here, but i neednt have worried, even though i am classed as trade, i am here mainly to offer my help from experience gained from over 25 years in hi end valve audio to anyone on here who needs it...
    regards,anthony,TD...
    Last edited by anthonyTD; 07-01-2009 at 16:44.

The Soul amps have got to be the best I've heard and they are something that I'll never afford. However, what I have is close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
    my that's pretty.
    HTML Code:
     i bet that radiator comes in handy
    yes, especialy in this weather, mind you, the amps give off almost as much heat.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

May I be boring and go back to vintage Deltec for a brief minute?

I had a PDM 1 mk2 for a good while and with a mains filter (to help counteract noise from the internal regulator I understand) it sounded very good. Mine was on 24/7 and it was a lively, "invigorating" kind of presentation. I used Furukawa interconnects with it and they worked well with it.

I'm going to try to put my CD94 based player as an avatar for a while.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    May I be boring and go back to vintage Deltec for a brief minute?

I had a PDM 1 mk2 for a good while and with a mains filter (to help counteract noise from the internal regulator I understand) it sounded very good. Mine was on 24/7 and it was a lively, "invigorating" kind of presentation. I used Furukawa interconnects with it and they worked well with it.

I'm going to try to put my CD94 based player as an avatar for a while.
    hi dave,
    i know what you mean, i got a very similar presentation in my system when i used to use them.
    anthony,TD...

I'm Paul.

Oh Thank God!

Tube Distinctions, not tone deaf
    ~Paul~

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    Oh Thank God!

Tube Distinctions, not tone deaf

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Someone had a rare three-box DPA DAC (Forget the model) at a previous Owsten.Sounded very good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast