• 8 / 10

3 21.43%
  • 9 / 10

0 0%
  • 10 / 10

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Album Club: 24.04.2012 - Eagle Eye Cherry - Desireless (1998)

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Sorry Mike...

I've got this - but not consciously (charity shop I suspect) - spinning it now - the first time in weeks I've even fired up the hifi!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Keith.

Just a 5/10 from me. I quite liked the singles at the time and bought the album on the strength of those, but it doesn't really do too much for me on a re-listen, I'm afraid.
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Well this arrived from Amazon today and its spinning right now... I'm not sure if its the sunshine or what and I'm sure has hell not in the best of spirits at the moment, but this album has lifted them. I love it, very well recorded and sounding so much better in the flesh, than on Spotify. It's a bit Lighthouse Family in places, but I must confess to owning 2 of their albums anyway

I'm going to revise my provisional score and give it an 8/10 now - I really like it and thanks for introducing it to us - worth every single one of the 127 pennies it cost me!
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm ILOB.

Its proberly a bit to poppy for me I gave it a 6
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Rich.

So my cheap bay version finally arrived today and I listened whilst making the dinner. I gave it a 7, not a bad listen at all even if its not my usual cuppa... I particularly like the more percussion based tracks such as rainbow wings. All in all theres plenty to like and nothing to offend really. I'd agree its well recorded and has a rich and full sound. I'll stop short of saying dinner party music but the reason I havent rated it higher is it will probably mostly get played as background music when we've got company... make of that what you will.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Barry.

If it wasn't for the club I would never know of this guys existence, although I had heard the single Save Tonight numerous times. Not my cup of tea but an easy listen and I thought Shoot Up In Vain a very good track. People who are into this genre I reckon will think very highly of this album, I'll give it 7/10.

I'm John.

Finally got myself a copy of this..
    It’s okay but he ain’t Ben Harper and he’s not quite distinctive enough to not to find what he does okay, done better by someone else.
    5/10.
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

MartinT Guest

This is pretty good and some of the songs have a very enjoyable rhythm to them. Definitely closely related to Ben Harper. 7/10.

I'm Paul.

Yeah I have and like this album... Not quite a 10/10 though so I have awarded this an 8!
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Bernie.

7/10 for me. Production is pretty good on the CD version.
    Bernie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast