• 8 / 10

3 21.43%
  • 9 / 10

0 0%
  • 10 / 10

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Album Club: 24.04.2012 - Eagle Eye Cherry - Desireless (1998)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Mike.

Default Album Club: 24.04.2012 - Eagle Eye Cherry - Desireless (1998)

Hi guys,
    I've made this selection after a chat I had with John while at Scalford, I asked him if the track he was playing was by Eagle Eye Cherry, to which he gave me a bit of a vacant look as if to say "who the hell is he" anyway I was a bit shocked that he had never heard of him so I thought then next chance I get at the album club I'll bring some of his work to the table.

So he's half brother to Neneh Cherry, started of doing a bit of acting but his 1st love was music, and after moving back to Sweden from the USA, embarked on his 1st album "Desireless" a mix of pop / acoustic rock would describe the music i think, with his lyrics having a hint of melancholy about them. For me a very satisfying listen and a solid 8/10

Wiki Links:
    Album
    Artist
    Last edited by Alex_UK; 01-05-2012 at 19:14.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm ILOB.

Yes I remember our talk we were listening to Ben Harper at the time and yes Eagle Eyed Cherry sounds very similar to Ben Harper which in my books is a good thing
    I will vote latter on it as I need to give it a few listens
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Mike.

Without having heard the album besides the song Save Tonight i really cannot pass judgement on the album. Save Tonight i do belive is both a catchy tune and has got more qualities also!
    Worth noting is Eagle-Eye's father, Don Cherry a respectable jazz trumpeter, having played with a lot of the big names such as John Coltrane, CHarlie Haden and believe it or not, Lou Reed!

BR /Mike

I'm Keith.

I've owned this since it came out, but haven't played it for ages. I'll comment once I've given it a few spins.

Cheers,
    Keith.
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm Rich.

I'll pop by the second hand cd shop and see if i can find this then let u know, I sort of ignored the 'Save Tonight' hit single at the time it came out although the lyric and riff is one of those which gets stuck in your head all the same.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Rich.

just picked this up for £1.27 including postage from that well known auction site.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    just picked this up for £1.27 including postage from that well known auction site.
    bargain mate

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    Me too, first listen and I quite enjoyed it, certainly enough to pay 1.27 for it too be given a proper listen on me 'stereo' at home. I will wait till it arrives before scoring it, but it's hovering around the 6/7 mark at the moment. Good pick though and only the second album I have bought from Album Club. Mind you I do have a good deal of the picks here already
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm ILOB.

Other intial thoughts
    At times a bit to commercial for me a few gems and he has a good voice. At present I am leaning towards a 6 but might change if I can enjoy the pop parts more
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm ChrisB.

Mike must be thinking we've all deserted him!
    Sorry I meant to get round to doing this before now. We have a copy of 'Living in the Present Future', which I'd completely forgotten about.
    I like this - not enough to rush out & buy a copy, but when I happen across it, I'll probably indulge.
    &/10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast